Suggestions, Questions, and a Comment

Carrier Deck is a fast paced time management game where you will play as the Air Officer on board a CVN-76 in the midst of active war. You, alone, are responsible for all aspects of operations involving aircraft on the ship and you'll need to work fast to ensure everything happens in time for the highest chances of warfare success.
ogre
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Suggestions, Questions, and a Comment

Post by ogre »

Nice game.

Suggestions:

1. There needs to be a better way to show the ground threats. When there are multiple threats, they overlap and it's hard to figure out which is associated with which threat line.

2. Move the accelerate button further away from the ship interface; tends to get in the way of the elevator button and the aircraft placement options.

3. Move the screen mouse scroll further right. Too close to the elevator buttons.

Questions:

4. Is Cat1 (Port side) usable? I cannot get an aircraft to launch off of it. ,[Edit: It works now; don't know why it didn't work before].

5. If I send an aircraft to the hanger before it smokes will it be repaired to 100%?

Comment:

I've noticed if the two E2s are in the landing queue adjacent to each other, it's possible that one will not clear before the other one lands even if I move the first one immediately. I've learned to space the launches so they don't queue adjacent to avoid this problem. Not a big deal. Just something to watch out for..and avoid! Losing both your E2s is usually not good.
U235
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Suggestions, Questions, and a Comment

Post by U235 »

Cat 1 is on the starboard side (easy mnemonic way to remember: 4 letters in port and left) Cat 2 is on the port side of the bow, cat 3 is adjacent the island structure (the waist cats) and cat 4 is the farthest to the port side amid ship. Not sure if whip antenna's and NAV pole are modeled, but they need to be lowered before Cat 1 can launch on a real carrier deck. Cat 3 and 4 are typically used for the first launch or when there is little chance of fouling the deck for landing aircraft.
Pioneer160
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Pioneer160 »

You might be thinking of cat4, it's by the helipads, it is only usable by the smaller aircraft and you need to have helipads 2 and 3 clear. Useless so far for me. This game could use customizable freeplay missions.
Damascus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Damascus »

My problem is that I can't tell the difference between the Harrier, Viking, and Intruder. I guess more practice will help, but another issue is that I try to have different loadouts ready but sometimes you can't tell the color, especially on smaller aircraft. Also, a slower speed (difficulty level) might be nice. I'm afraid this is going to become a clickfest at higher levels. Also, perhaps freezing time when viewing the hanger? Right-click a hotkey for hanger? Loving it so far, though.

EDIT: If on free view, not deck view, the name of the aircraft is visible. Love to see different missions at each level; lieutenant level just has air, surface, and sub threats, no CAS, amphib, ECM, or Spec Ops.
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

EDIT: If on free view, not deck view, the name of the aircraft is visible. Love to see different missions at each level; lieutenant level just has air, surface, and sub threats, no CAS, amphib, ECM, or Spec Ops.[/quote]

No names for me in free mode...I am having troubles also I.D ing planes
Damascus

Post by Damascus »

Are you clicking (and holding) on the aircraft? If you can see the arming circle, the AC ID is on the top.
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

Thanks
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

After Vietnam and Afghanistan also a very nice game! Thank you! :D

Some questions:

How can I start a electronic warfare plane, the "action colors" are red, blue, yellow, green but not light blue?

Can I deload F18S from electronic warfare and load Air-Air or Air-Ground weapons? I try it last night, but the jet did'nt accept the mission against the enemy bomber?

Whats the difference between blue and brown action for the helicopters? Amphibious or land/coastal attack?
asuser

Post by asuser »

Thanks for your attention!

I answered my questions by myself.

-EW load only useful by 3+1 strikes
-F18S can deload and load for other missions, then you have to choose these jets in the left window
-Blue and brown targets can attacked by various plane/copter types.
asuser

Post by asuser »

Idea for further development:

Add a destroyer next to the carrier to help with AntiAir or AntiShip weapons (gun/rockets) if the carrier is in critical situations. Like a small carrier group... :wink:

Control Keys for the destroyer could be set on a splitted screen area. Needed if all jets in the air and 3+1, 4+1 or 5+1 battle group comes in short order.
AP514
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AP514 »

that is a game balance issue..many post on the immersion braking and general game killing event..
I would post this on the Forums of the game maker or a PM of them..you will not get any where posting here..:(

Return to “Carrier Deck”