Fun game but queue can get frustrating...

Carrier Deck is a fast paced time management game where you will play as the Air Officer on board a CVN-76 in the midst of active war. You, alone, are responsible for all aspects of operations involving aircraft on the ship and you'll need to work fast to ensure everything happens in time for the highest chances of warfare success.
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Fun game but queue can get frustrating...

Post by jack54 »

Hi

Thanks for the game. I'm really enjoying it. One thing I would like to see is a way to reposition queued missions.

It's unsettling to have f-18' s armed and ready with incoming enemy AC but have to wait for a Search and Rescue and then a cargo mission to take off.

Otherwise I'm very impressed with the design of the game.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: Fun game but queue can get frustrating...

Post by Every Single Soldier »

I tend to agree, we are looking at revamping the queue process, stay tuned ...
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thanks very much.... :D
Sovjetski
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Sovjetski »

Every Single Soldier wrote:I tend to agree, we are looking at revamping the queue process, stay tuned ...
Thx for this, i hope it come som new Mechanic, I agree with the Thread Creator. Otherwise, I'm very happy with this game. Thanks for good game, for a good price,
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

We are working on a patch as we speak, constant and continous improvement ... :)
Ralph1961
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Ralph1961 »

I played it in the beta version and found it to be a very good lite title. I do agree that things get hectic and it's very easy to get overwhelmed with all of the real time action going on. I would suggest 2 versions, training version that is more forgiving on having the wrong mission queued and maybe an option to slow things down a bit, and keep the current version.
I also need to confess that I suck at the game as I got into the later campaign action but that gives me something to work on consequencely the life of the game on my iPad is actually increased as I like a good challenge.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

We have taken the LT levels in Survival and Quick Game and made them way more 'paced' , patch coming very soon :)
julianbarker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by julianbarker »

I am not a big fan of non-functional graphics, but any chance of graphics at game end? For example, I lost becasue a missile boat damaged my carrier - any chance I can see this rather than a dull pop-up?
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Not very high on the priority list :shock:
JimMerson
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by JimMerson »

I agree, the launch list or que can get quite frustrating. But a couple of things I do that really seem to help.

First of all, the bow cats are for hornets. One is always up with an air mission and another with a surface mission. Additionally, at least two more hornets are in the six pack area to shoot from the waist cats to back the bow cats up.

The waist cats are primarily for hummers and other search aircraft. Don't let a hummer sit on deck, and a viking on deck is a big question mark as well. Shoot these from the waist cats at it is easier for them to reach them from their holes.

Keep one helo with an ASW mission ready to go from the hole just forward of the #4 elevator. Two other helos are on the starboard side aft ready to go.

By keeping your waist cats clear and the hummer hole clear (parking spot next to island) you can get your logistical aircraft in and out real fast so they don't trip you up so bad.

I hope the advice helps. I am slowly playing thru so as thing advance I am sure my advice will fall apart but the principle is sound.

Jim
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Working on the queue issue, will patch as soon as we are done...
jack54

Post by jack54 »

Thanks for the patch :D
kaleun
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by kaleun »

Question on the patch.
I patched my game but still experiencing the queue issue, I can't launch strikes until the cargo planes/helis have departed. Do I have to restart the whole campaign?
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

A partial workaround on the cargo issue: As the cargo aircraft or helos arrive send them to an elevator and park them in the hold. After the military missions are over you can, at your leisure, unload them and send them on their way. Still doesn't work with those missions where you fuel an aircraft and send it off, but it helps

Return to “Carrier Deck”