Hotkeys

Empires Apart is an old-school Real Time Strategy game set in medieval times. Play as one of six uniquely designed factions. Gather resources, raise an army and lead your civilization to victory in a multiplayer focused classic RTS, brought to the modern age.
Christheco
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Hotkeys

Post by Christheco »

Hi! I cant put some letters on my keyboard as a hotkey, without them I am unable to play the game competitively! Is there some way you could fix that. I am used to them from AoE. I am talking about letters such as +ěščřžýáí which normally combined with shift make 123456789, so I am using them as numbers...
thanks for help
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hotkeys

Post by IainMcNeil »

Yes you should be able to fully configure your keyboard shortcuts. Are you seeing issues with these keys?
PanCalvus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanCalvus »

EDIT: See post below, that should invalidate this one.
Christheco wrote:Hi! I cant put some letters on my keyboard as a hotkey, without them I am unable to play the game competitively! Is there some way you could fix that. I am used to them from AoE. I am talking about letters such as +ěščřžýáí which normally combined with shift make 123456789, so I am using them as numbers...
thanks for help
What kind of keyboard is this, the name of the layout?

I heard from someone with an azerty keyboard before that they had this issue. It's about the control group hotkeys right?

The control group hotkeys cannot be configured (or at least could not in the version I checked, please doublecheck in the options to be sure) but are set standard to the numbers 1-9. On an azerty keyboard, and it looks like on the keyboard Christeco is using as well, those keys are only number keys when using shift or capslock, the associated non-number symbols, which on a qwerty keyboard would be the shift option, are the main function. Empires Apart does (or did last time I heard) not recognize these keys as number keys. I can only assume it's an issue that will be fixed eventually, but it was missed before release partly due to the relatively small team involved, where it looks like everybody had a qwerty keyboard.

If you have a qwerty keyboard somewhere that will work, otherwise try playing around with the numbad on num lock? That might work? If you find a good workaround, please do post it here for others to see.
Last edited by PanCalvus on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PanCalvus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by PanCalvus »

Good news, looks like I was wrong! The hotkeys for 9 control groups can be set under hotkeys -> common. So all you should need to do is remap them to your 1-9 keys.
Christheco

Post by Christheco »

hi! I don't really understand what should I do... I obviously tried to change the hotkeys in the right place in the settings, but when I tried to click the key I wanted the place is just left blank with nothing in it.
I will attach a photo of a keyboard that is nearly identical with mine so you know what I am talking about... I am talking about the line from ; to é(0)
thanks a lot for trying to help
Attachments
5_kb.i100a.064.jpg
5_kb.i100a.064.jpg (609.29 KiB) Viewed 4602 times

Return to “Empires Apart”