Formal complaint - This will DIE in IOS 11 - ESCALATE

Discuss Drive on Moscow on iPad here
moishepipic
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Formal complaint - This will DIE in IOS 11 - ESCALATE

Post by moishepipic »

I am a happy user of Shendoah's version of the above plus the Slitherine PC version on Steam...

When Slitherine bought shendoah, Battle of Bulge was upgraded - so thanks and very sensible.

The same did not happen with Drive on Moscow - So when IOS 11 comes out it will be dead - Apparently, Joe Miller on support, says this is exactly what the client base wants and cannot escalate.

Am I missing something - why would any one want a game that is literally just an Icon on an Ipad???

My sensible solution is when IOS 11 is launched then the Shendoah version gets upgraded to the Slitherine version.

Thanks
manstein66

Re: Formal complaint - This will DIE in IOS 11 - ESCALATE

Post by manstein66 »

Dear sirs,
My drive on moscow doesn t work any more with IOS 11.
What shall i do to play??
Thanks
echoromeo01

Post by echoromeo01 »

Why does a game I paid for,in good faith, not work? Not just this one, but another from your company.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Unfortunately we cannot control Apple's decisions - such as the one to deprecate 32 bit applications from their OS. It is unfortunately not practical to update every codebase to run as a 64 bit app, it depends heavily on how the original was implemented. We are as disappointed as you that Apple has chosen to remove the ability for these apps to run.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Forget iPAD as a war gaming platform.

They are only focused on marketing money grubbing Apps with scantily clad women selling you gems for real life money.

On the next Steam sale, buy BA / BA2 on Steam if you already don't have it.

Get yourself a decent Android tablet and use:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link

I am playing lots of Slitherine war games on tablet with no issue now from my Samsung tablet.

Played:

Commander the Great War
Sanctus Reach
Decisive Campaigns Case Blue
All flavors of Strategic Command
Victory and Glory etc ...

I'm sure the BA stuff will work fine too if Sanctus Reach did.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

apples only interested in money, and making everyone buy new, dearer hardware, as per the battery scandal
willn

Post by willn »

The game seems to have been re-released. Everyone who’s bought the game previously should be able to update it, why isn’t it the case? Slitherine please make it right.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please note that the old Shenandoah games were built in a 32-bit engine. Then once we bought the assets of the company we did try to rebuild the games in a new 64-bit engine. For the first game, Bulge, we replaced the old version with the new version so this is why this still works. But then due to the feedback we received, where users preferred the old version and were annoyed that we overwrote the old version so it could not still be played, then when we released the new Moscow version we did this as a new game/depot in the App Store, to allow the old version to continue working. So unfortunately although there is a new 64-bit version of Moscow this is effectively a new product on the App Store, due to limitations where we cannot have two versions of the same game available for download.
SirMixALot

Post by SirMixALot »

How to I get a game restarted that I received from an opponent with an error message?
pisqueeter

Post by pisqueeter »

I had to replace my ancient IPad on which I had three games, Battle of the Bulge, Desert Fox and Drive on Moscow. Now the only one I can download is BotB. So I paid for all three with the expectation they would be supported in good faith by the company that owns the intellectual property. Apparently that is not the case. I am kind of pissed off about this.

So question to Slitherine: why should I buy another game from you?
PierreSpartan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by PierreSpartan »

pisqueeter wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:19 am I had to replace my ancient IPad on which I had three games, Battle of the Bulge, Desert Fox and Drive on Moscow. Now the only one I can download is BotB. So I paid for all three with the expectation they would be supported in good faith by the company that owns the intellectual property. Apparently that is not the case. I am kind of pissed off about this.

So question to Slitherine: why should I buy another game from you?

That's complicated, as I understood. My guess is that Slitherine tried his best to adapt old games to 64 bit version, required by Apple. I'm running BotB and DoM on iOS, 64 bit version, and they look great. But the problem is really the Apple policies, requirements are too strict and even sometimes if your game 'don't fit' with what they expect (or with Political concerns too, see some game from other companies removed in China, or Afghanistan '11 removed everywhere from the App Store), your game will be removed quicker than it appeared. For companies like Slitherine for instance, it's hard to deal with all of this constrains: re-re-re-adpating every 2 years games to fit the new requirements, new policies etc... that's a waste of time and money. So if I well-understood Slitherine completely stopped to develop on iOS, which sounds bad of course, I really can understand that. I like to play on my iPad btw, but Apple policies just lead to the death of good strategic games on that platform.

Concerning your games, BotB, DoM and DF: the 2 firsts are available on the App Store (still), there are 64 bit though. You can even get them in the Crisis in Command bundle at a decent price too. For DF, that's more complicated as no 64 bit version was done, and the 32 bit one was removed due to some bug. (but I would really like to see it, even in 32 bit, available on their official Store page).

So, check Crisis in Command bundle, you should see DoM ;-) And to me, it's important to continue supporting Slitherine, as their games are so better than Hexwar games for instance (IMO), but especially by getting games from Steam or their official Store.

Return to “Drive on Moscow iPad”