Game no longer works in ios11

Discuss Drive on Moscow on iPad here
GavinC
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game no longer works in ios11

Post by GavinC »

Cannot believe my drive on Moscow app is not being supported and I need to rebuy it.
Rarely play it and was going to play on a whim, so definitely not going to re buy it.

However not impressed...bought quite a few games over the years from matrix Slitherine and done likewise in not using them enough...well this ensures I won’t buy more
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game no longer works in ios11

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum and yes sorry about the news, it's not something that the forum and or board has done, but the balls back in the O/S makers for no longer supporting 32bit apps, as mentioned before in this thread

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=76866

my own opinion is, don't blame the game maker when it's for one, not there fault, it's the people over at Apple who made the call, and it's everyone else who has picked up all the blame,...

Code: Select all

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/06/apple-to-phase-out-32-bit-mac-apps/
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

The old Shenandoah games were built in a 32-bit engine. Then once we bought the assets of the company we did try to rebuild the games in a new 64-bit engine.
For the first game, Bulge, we replaced the old version with the new version so this is why this still works.
But then due to the feedback we received, where users preferred the old version and were annoyed that we overwrote the old version so it could not still be played, then when we released the new Moscow version we did this as a new game/depot in the App Store, to allow the old version to continue working.
So unfortunately although there is a new 64-bit version of Moscow this is effectively a new product on the App Store, due to limitations where we cannot have two versions of the same game available for download.
moishepipic

Post by moishepipic »

And yet the battle of the bulge was upgraded to 64 bit and works fine... why couldn’t the same be done here?

I was told about features being lost between the two release of Moscow as the reason for no automatic upgrade nearly a year ago and I highlighted then that the old release would be lost all to no avail - I was 100% right!

So come on Slitherine do the decent and honourable thing and let the shendoah version be replaced with your 64 bit version that at least works.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Apple are the one who withdrew the support, so best place to make a comment imo is with them,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=76866
moishepipic

Post by moishepipic »

I made my comment in July last year so you cannot blame Apple.

You sorted the Bulge without their help.

Farewell slitherine and matrix. It was fun when you treated customers with respect.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We upgraded Bulge to iOS 11 and players were very unhappy so we didn't for Moscow, we instead did a new app and players were very unhappy. Apple changed the rules and whatever we do we get blamed. Please let me know which option we should have picked as its a no win situation for us and entirely caused by Apple forcing people to upgrade their hardware to play modern apps!
Tschemo
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Tschemo »

I would say the solution is pretty easy - have two versions if you like but give the owners the possibility to install the new version for free. This is also my case. I’ve bought your game on iPad and now I can’t play it. Funny enough there is exactly the same game on the Apple store just the name is a bit different. I hope you understand that buying the same game from the same developer just doesn’t sound fair and right. :(

Return to “Drive on Moscow iPad”