COMBAT

Moderators: terrys, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design

LEmpereur
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: COMBAT

Post by LEmpereur »

Overall, the proposed changes create exceptions and change the fundamentals... What makes the rule more complex and therefore less accessible.

Exemples :
terrys wrote:COMBAT

1) All bases get 3 Dice at impact. (4 for Elephants and Scythed Chariots)
.....> Elephants only get 3 dice against other elephants.
Why not Schythed Chariots against other Schythed Chariots ?
Make simple even if it never append... not very much schythed chariots on table... but with 4 dices... could be more present !

But you are right that is not the most important ! :cry:
terrys wrote:2) Undrilled Impact Foot are upgraded if fighting infantry during the impact phase if the BG is 3 ranks deep
Average count as superior
Poor count as average
Superiors and Elites are not upgraded in this way
.....> To count as 3 ranks deep the 3rd rank must contain at least half the number of bases as there are in the front rank.
.....> They are not upgraded against ANY opponent during a phase in which they are attacked in the flank or rear, or during the melee phase.
:shock: Could it be more complicated ? YES!!!!! :oops: With a TC in combat ! (see bellow !)

What is this new rule than say "the 3rd rank must contain at least half the number of bases as there are in the front rank." ???? :shock:
Every rules of second, third or fouth rank concern the file it is in !
Why change this universale rule ?

and not apply to all ?
Why a 7 bases pikes BG do not benefit of it only fourth rank base for the both files ?
Why the second rank shooter do not benefit to a file than it is not impact ? Too bad ! It die at the wrong place in a global shooting !
terrys wrote:5) Superior and elite troops cannot have their combat dice upgraded by a TC.
a) Re-roll 1's if BETTER quality than your opponent
If I well understanding this point :
A TC generl can only re-roll 1's when he is fignting with an average BG against a poor BG !
If this is correct... it will happend not very often... so Have you envisaged to modifie the cost of 35 pts of a general than will be a good scout for strategic move (may be with LH and not any more for LF...), who will die more often, and too far from his CinC will not be able to add +1 to Ct or CMTs...

globally all these changes can justify a modification of the cost of troops and commanders... Is that expected ? :oops:

I am really disappointed ... even sad ! :cry:
L'Empereur Bête et Méchant vous invite à visitez :
Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/
Le projet 2020 : http://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/
Cons se le disent!!!
scuzi
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by scuzi »

I think their are some very good ideas here :) they have my vote
The only thing I would add is that irregular MF or HF with only L/S or L/S, sword should have the third rank bonus the same as irregular impact foot.
terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys »

The only thing I would add is that irregular MF or HF with only L/S or L/S, sword should have the third rank bonus the same as irregular impact foot.
It's certainly an option, although I'm not sure that there is as much difference between drilled and undrilled MF when armed with light spear as there is when they are impact foot.
scuzi

Post by scuzi »

Yes agreed, both drilled and undrilled would benefit from this suggestion :)
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

terrys wrote:
It's certainly an option, although I'm not sure that there is as much difference between drilled and undrilled MF when armed with light spear as there is when they are impact foot.
And why not def off spearmen? :shock:
Cons se le disent!!!
scuzi

Post by scuzi »

Spearmen both def and off need to be looked at,but I aren't sure that the 3 third rank bonus works for them.
Another mechanism needs to be considered
LEmpereur

Post by LEmpereur »

scuzi wrote:Spearmen both def and off need to be looked at,but I aren't sure that the 3 third rank bonus works for them.
Another mechanism needs to be considered
I am not sure that the third rank bonus work for light spear... :oops:
Cons se le disent!!!
ChrisTofalos
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ChrisTofalos »

The proposed increase in HF movement should result in an increase in their use. With this in mind, I'd like to see cataphracts & heavily armoured knights get a +1 on impact against pikes & spears. At the moment they stand less chance against pike blocks on impact than light spear foot and a plus would better reflect their shock power.

I'd also like to see mounted light spear get a plus, at least against foot light spear. At the moment they only get a plus against 'unarmed' opponents, which seems a bit unfair.

Return to “Field of Glory 3.0 Beta”