Future DLC's

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
Philippeatbay
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Future DLC's

Post by Philippeatbay »

Everyone, myself included, is looking forward to a DLC that will include UK and (hopefully) Canadian troops.

If that DLC ever sees the light of day, there is another DLC that could follow it that would be a screamingly obvious couter-point to the current game: the Soviet-Afghan war from 1979-89.

The terrain and some of the equipment would be the same, but the H&M mechanics would probably need to be retooled.

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure the Soviets used tanks in Afghanistan.

Though they weren't terribly useful, I enjoyed having them around in Vietnam. They'd be present in a Soviet-Afghan war scenario, and some of the older models got left behind when the Soviets pulled out.
phoenix2110
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Future DLC's

Post by phoenix2110 »

I absolutely agree with this, an "Afghanistan '81" DLC would be awesome. Similar to the current coalition forces, Soviets had a lot of building projects that needed to be protected. Easy major differences would be the training of your own troops (conscripts rotated out regularly, even at the officer level) and as you said, the soviets deployed older T-55s and T-62s in a fire support role. BMPs also could play an interesting "transport/IFV" dual role.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”