need strategy tips

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
joe6778
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

need strategy tips

Post by joe6778 »

Since I don't see any strategy tips posted, I was wondering how I can beat missions that need H&M above a certain number.

I'm up to turn 43 in Operation Achilles, and although six of nine villages show the US flag and three show the Afghan flag, my H&M score is 48.

I deliver UN aid whenever possible and visit villages. I have waterworks in six villages and repair them as needed, I have roads to the six villages, and I try to take out as many of the enemy as possible and remove IEDs and booby traps but I still can't raise my score and time is running out.

I lost the previous two scenarios as well.

Any suggestions?
kolc
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: need strategy tips

Post by kolc »

I have not played that operation, but I believe repatriating U.S. troops/equipment helps with the H&M score as well.
joe6778
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by joe6778 »

Repatriating only gives PP- not H&M.

I'm up to turn 51 in Operation Achilles, and my H&M score is only 49. I have never gotten above 52. I'm constantly delivering UN Aid to villages, visiting villages and building waterworks. The intimidation score is low. How do I raise that score?

Isn't there anyone playing this game? How are they winning? Can't anyone offer tips??
Be Small

Post by Be Small »

If you manage to raise H&M by a half or a whole point per turn, you are doing well. It simply takes time. You seem to be doing all the right things. If you have 6 out of 12 villages, it will go slow, since the other 6 weigh you down. If it is 6 out of 6; you are doing great.
Aka Fokker G1, A.B. Ushavov (CMMC)

Return to “Afghanistan '11”