iPad version suggestion

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
JohnGalt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

iPad version suggestion

Post by JohnGalt »

Please incorporate a deselect unit button. Right now the only way to deselect that I can figure out is a 2 finger tap, but when you do that it pops up an order that you have to click X on before unit is deselected. This gets annoying.
JohnGalt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: iPad version suggestion

Post by JohnGalt »

Also there should be a way for a supply truck or chopper to deliver ammo to the hex it is standing on.
skoptic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by skoptic »

Yes please! Add a deselect button. Countless times of tracking across the map to deselect
akivett
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by akivett »

I agree, need to have a quick way to deselect the active unit.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

We did look at this, happy to take suggestions as to where and what it should look like ?
JohnGalt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by JohnGalt »

I think there should be a few things. When you have a unit selected and you click on a different unit, it should deselect your current unit and select the other one. Right now when you try to do that nothing happens. I think there should also be a deselect button that should appear on the bar where all the other orders are. I also like the 2 finger tap for deselect, but whenever you do that it pops up a move unit order also, which is annoying.
kolc
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by kolc »

Perhaps with the X and check mark when plotting movement. This is when I encounter the need the most. I have been moving a unit....but want to shift to another unit on the other side of the map...if I didn’t deselect the first unit I have to pan back to it...deselect it...then pan back to the other unit.
akivett
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by akivett »

kolc wrote:Perhaps with the X and check mark when plotting movement. This is when I encounter the need the most. I have been moving a unit....but want to shift to another unit on the other side of the map...if I didn’t deselect the first unit I have to pan back to it...deselect it...then pan back to the other unit.
This is a great suggestion.
shadowpanda
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by shadowpanda »

The suggested functionality is the same as you (the developers) already use in Vietnam '65! When you click the 'X' to cancel a movement order the unit is deselected. Alternatively, tapping on another friendly unit switches to that unit (you cannot move one friendly onto another). This is easy to use on an iPad version and other Slitherine iPad games, such as Battle Academy, have similar approaches. I'm surprised you had to ask for suggestions though. Did you use a different dev team from V65 or something?

Since the last comment on this was in November '17 I guess this has been skipped over/ignored/forgotten about, but worth bearing in mind for any future games or releases.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”