Battle of Lashkar Gah Problem

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
jcrohio
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Battle of Lashkar Gah Problem

Post by jcrohio »

Recently bought the game and worked through the tutorials and manual. Played the first campaign game the Battle of Lashkar Gah. Thought I convincingly won it. Had three Supply Trucks at the Alpha FOB and two at the other FOB I created. My Hearts and Mind score was like 68 or something close. My FOBs were never destroyed. But it said I suffered a Defeat. Can't see why.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

Added Today: Maybe rephrase the question this way: Has anyone played this scenario to completion and if so what did you do to win it? I assume the supply trucks are the issue.
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Battle of Lashkar Gah Problem

Post by cranston »

I've completed it. You've probably not updated to the latest version. You can see your objectives in top left of screen. When you move 2 supply trucks into Alpha FOB at any point in the game, the objective will change to green text, and then disappear. In the earlier version(s), there is a bug where after reloading the game, the supply truck objective reappears and can't be completed no matter what I try.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Thanks for the reply. Running Steam version which says 1.1.2. Have two supply trucks sitting in the FOB at Alpha. The objective never changes to green text. Really not sure what is going on.

I read about the bug in the earlier version but I assume I am up to date.

Thanks again
Jack
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

Were you always running the latest version?
If you were running an earlier version, I suggest restarting the mission.
Or maybe you just need to move both supply trucks out, then move them in to register.
After that, you can move in and out freely.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Just bought the game so started with version 1.1.2. Tried moving the supply trucks in and out but no luck. Going to try the entire scenario over and see if that works.

Thanks for the help.
Jack
Tijger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Tijger »

=== Report ===
[ EXCEPTION: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ]
MoveAction+<ReverseRoutine>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
31 Aug 2017 19:37

=== System Info ===
AppName: Afghanistan '11 ()
AppVersion: 1.1.2
Platform: WindowsPlayer
Running time: 00:03:26.4820000

=== Log Entries ===
[ EXCEPTION: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ]
MoveAction+<ReverseRoutine>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
31 Aug 2017 19:37

Get this everytime I try to continue the game. Crash in skirmishes too
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

It's weird. Ever since I bought this game from Steam, with the MOAB update, I've never encountered a mission or game breaking bug.
I've had minor problems, like:
a) sometimes can't drop MOAB
b) repaired unit not visible on main map
c) convoyed units having shortened movement ranges
d) unit moves back to its starting point in a straight line and reperforms move action
etc

I've cleared 4 or 5 campaign missions so far, but I've not played any skirmishes.

Anyway, to the previous posted, at what point exactly does this error message occur?
Are you saying it happens as soon as you load the mission?
The error message seems to say that it is during a unit movement action.
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Just finished replaying this scenario and this time game completed correctly. Had a Hearts and Minds Score near 80 and never lost the FOB so Decisive Victory.

However had many cases of putting units into repair and loosing them. More than any other scenario played. The trick of clicking on the number at the top would work most of the time but the unit would be invisible until move out and then back into the FOB. Sometimes I never got the unit back. Sometimes I got it back after a restart of the scenario. Once when moving an invisible unit the game locked up.

I have encountered all these situations in other scenarios but not to the frequency of this one.

Jack
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

Congrats.

I've only encountered that particular bug once.
Probably because I don't get my vehicles damaged. lol
I moved it back into a FOB and the problem worked itself out.

In the campaign missions (6 so far), once I gain control of the situation around turn 15, it becomes a walk in the park.
I'd be buying an apache every few turns because I've got nothing else to spend pp on.
It's only during the taliban assault during the 1st elections that has me worried.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”