about convoy and supply trucks

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

about convoy and supply trucks

Post by cranston »

Is there a movement penalty for convoy?
Is there more that 1 type of supply truck with different movement ranges?
funkatron3000
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: about convoy and supply trucks

Post by funkatron3000 »

It seems like there is a penalty, but I'm not sure why. I can move a single supply truck quite away by itself. However, supply trucks in a convoy don't seem to move as far -- their action points burn up pretty quickly for some reason. I lead most of my convoys with Huskies and they always have two action points left while the supply trucks are at 0. Strange.

There appears to be only one type of supply truck.
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

Thanks for confirming.
funkatron3000 wrote:There appears to be only one type of supply truck.
The reason I asked is that I've seen trucks with different movement ranges.
I'm thinking something goofy happens when unlinking trucks from convoy.
funkatron3000

Post by funkatron3000 »

A couple of other things I noticed. I've gotten the impression that loaded supply trucks don't seem to move as far as empty ones. I'm wondering if that's to simulate trucks burning more fuel to haul something. I'm probably waaay off on that, but that's the impression I get sometimes.

Also, vehicles get a major movement bonus when traveling down the district's central highway (black, paved). Traveling down the "dirt" roads if less efficient. I'm pretty sure I'm perceiving that difference correctly.
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

funkatron3000 wrote:A couple of other things I noticed. I've gotten the impression that loaded supply trucks don't seem to move as far as empty ones. I'm wondering if that's to simulate trucks burning more fuel to haul something. I'm probably waaay off on that, but that's the impression I get sometimes.
Nope. When loaded or empty, they can move the same distance. Just last night, I was trying to get this empty truck back to base, and was wondering why it was so slow. Even after decoupling from convoy in a previous turn. I exited to main menu, reloaded, and it was fixed. I think that when you couple vehicles with less than full AP, the less than full AP carries on to succeeding turns.
Captain_Orso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Captain_Orso »

I just started playing A11 again, from before there were Convoys.

From before Convoys, I would build FOB's at the minimum distance between them, 12 hexes, and was easily able to send a loaded truck, even over dirt roads, from one FOB to the next, so that they were never exposed to attack from being out in the open.

Now it never works. Supplying FOB's by truck has become practically impossible :cry:

On top of all that, I've seen some really buggy things happening, which I believe also have to do with Convoys. It's really hard to keep track of, because I believe it has to do with breaking up Convoys before they have reached an FOB.

I noticed that I move, what I assume to be one or two vehicles, that were previously in Convoy with a third vehicle, and although this was maybe a turn or two after having broken up the Convoy, I moved the remaining 2 vehicle convoy back to HQ or into an FOB, and suddenly I see this truck go shooting out of the FOB two FOB's down the road and returning to HQ, to where I had just moved the remaining 2 vehicle convoy, a move of about 24 hexes!! :shock:

I also had a 2 vehicle convoy, which might have belonged to a larger convoy, which when I moved them out of an FOB, the next turn, after moving, I assume, the thrird vehicle so somewhere completely different, the remaining 2 vehicle convoy suddenly turned around and returned to the FOB! :x

Something is definitely really buggy. :cry:

Return to “Afghanistan '11”