AMAZING GAME! plus a question and bug report

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
funkatron3000
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

AMAZING GAME! plus a question and bug report

Post by funkatron3000 »

Hello. I picked up A11 two weeks ago and am loving it. I may be in the minority but a game the focuses on logistics and supply is really fun. It's more about positioning your troops to win rather than personally leading the charge. Also, the mechanics of the game boil the complexity of things down into a few simple decisions. Make a push for that next FOB? Or send a UN aid supply convoy to build H&M? The decisions aren't complicated but they're packed with consequence. Amazing game!

Here's my question: is it possible somewhere to view individual village H&M scores, besides using the flags? I get that the flags represent the H&M range that the village falls within but seeing individual scores would help pinpoint where to send aid.

And the bug report. Version is 1.1.2.

First off, I've twice loaded troops onto ground-based transports (MRAPS, ASVs) and then added those transports to Husky-led convoys. The convoy rolls out but doesn't bring the troops along -- they're still back at the FOB (haven't tried it from HQ).

Second, I've seen a weird issue in this sequence of events:
1. Move a damaged vehicle into an FOB
2. Use the FOB unit list menu to move the damaged vehicle into a vehicle maintenance yard
3. After the unit is repaired it sometimes doesn't show up in the FOB unit list menu but will appear when using the cycle unit buttons in the main interface
4. After choosing the repaired unit you give it an order and the game crashes. Here's the error code I received:

=== Report ===
[ ERROR: Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Hotel Squadron - Buffalo' is inactive! ]
13 Aug 2017 15:29

=== System Info ===
AppName: Afghanistan '11 ()
AppVersion: 1.1.2
Platform: WindowsPlayer
Running time: 00:32:14.0680000

=== Log Entries ===
[ ERROR: Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Hotel Squadron - Buffalo' is inactive! ]

The problem is unfortunately intermittent. Sometimes everything works fine. While the game did shut itself down after the error, it did so gracefully -- no errors within Windows itself. Well done on that part. I found the output_log.txt but that appears to have been overwritten since I re-launched the game and kept playing.

Thanks for a great game!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: AMAZING GAME! plus a question and bug report

Post by zakblood »

thanks, have you tried the latest build and patch?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 42&t=78785
funkatron3000

Post by funkatron3000 »

Yes, I'm patched with the MOAB update, 1.1.2.
kaleun
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by kaleun »

Happens to me too.
Tijger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Tijger »

Is it me or are there many bugs in this game? It is great but I already think about dropping it and move on.
funkatron3000

Post by funkatron3000 »

I'd say there are a few bugs, but nothing really show-stopping. I stand by my assertion that this is a great game. If you're having fun playing, then keep playing. That's what I've been doing. I just won my first decisive victory on elite difficulty a few minutes ago. It was a blast! A11 definitely has that "just one more turn" quality for me. I always have lots of little projects going (get a new FOB up, resupply / improve another FOB, repair these waterworks) that, while never overwhelming, are really addictive because they never take long to complete -- the momentum is always there.

There is a definite difference between the campaigns and skirmish mode. The campaigns seem more action-packed to me, most likely because there are more scripted attacks. The skirmish mode has a more consistent feel. The main difficulty I have in skirmish is mounting offensives. I feel like I'm always on defense. There are never enough recon and offensive assets to take the fight to the enemy. I'm using my PP and forces to keep the water and aid flowing while fending off the enemy. My guess is that is what counter-insurgency is, and I'm cool with that.

Anyway, just my two cents. Enjoy!
cranston
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by cranston »

I agree.
With the MOAB update, I've not encountered any mission or game breaking bugs.
Just minor annoyances.
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

I'd say the disappearing units during repair is a game breaking bug. It was all fine before MOAB and I personally would prefer no MOAB and no convoys if the disappearing unit bug went away, or alternatively if we can go back to the pre MOAB game. As it is I am not playing it anymore, and wont until the bug is fixed.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”