Afghanistan '11 1.0.9 Public Beta is Available!

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Afghanistan '11 1.0.9 Public Beta is Available!

Post by Tamas »

Hello Everyone,

We have the latest public beta update of A'11 for you, with a big list of improvements, including a sandbox Skirmish mode, and new events among others!

We hope you will like it! Give it a try please and let us know how it plays.

You can grab the beta update either from the Members Area: http://www.slitherine.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=641

Or, from this FTP link: http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Afghanis ... .9Beta.zip

Here is the list of changes:

Code: Select all

1.0.9:
•	Fixed very long hitches when cycling units
•	Fixed supply trucks being able to carrying UN Aid and troops at FOBs
•	Fixed mission timing on Masa Qala.

1.0.8:
1. Added SKIRMISH SANDBOX mode
(custom starting HM and PP, no awards, player initiates the Hand Over)
2. Added new newspaper events
3. Added newspaper to report when handover is 3 turns away
4. Added unit sentry mode (units can now skip the continue cycle by going into sentry mode)
5. Units healed in maintenance yard or field hospital now garrison automatically
6. Units can now be sent from FOB to maintenance yard / field hospital at no AP cost
7. Artillery units now rank up on successful kills
8. Clicking on units / structures in the intel map will select them in the world
9. Sped up infantry mine sweeping animation
10. Selection is disabled when continuing orders and while orders are being executed
11. Escape closes any open screens (Intel map, base screen, etc.)
12. Improved feedback when trying to perform an action with insufficient PP
13. Improved feedback when units are fully promoted
14. Vehicles shrink down when entering maintenance yard
15. Intel collection will trigger while infantry are in the village and intel becomes available
16. Added tooltips to skirmish settings
RidgeRunner6
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Afghanistan '11 1.0.8 Public Beta is Available!

Post by RidgeRunner6 »

First off, I love the game and many of the features in this new update, but I've had a couple of issues.
- With, 1.0.7, the game worked smoothly and seamlessly on my system. 1.0.8 has caused some pretty severe lag issues. The game freezes for a few seconds while cycling between units. Long animations (movements longer than about 3 spaces) will cause a brief freeze, and there is also a freeze as units are unloaded from helicopters or vehicles.
-ASVs and MRAPs do not always see one space in front of them when travelling down roads. As a side note, looking forward to the convoy option because now, road movement is rather tedious with too much risk of losing a Husky even with leap frogging combat vehicles.

If the lag issues are because of my system, I'm more than happy to update the settings, but it was working fine with the previous patch. This is annoying enough that I don't think I play again until it gets fixed.
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Post by Every Single Soldier »

We have received the report of lag and have managed to recreate it on certain of our test machines. We have fixed the issue and will release an update early this week.

Just stick to 1.0.7 for a day or two , apologies for the hassle.
CCIPsubsim
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by CCIPsubsim »

I just wanted to mention that I get the lag as well - in my case, the game hangs at the end of a unit's turn for several seconds (i.e. either when it runs out of action points, or when you manually put the unit on standby). It starts to be noticeable about 10 turns into a session. By turn 20, it becomes 30+ seconds per unit, making it difficult to play.
You may already be aware of all this, of course :)

Another bug I spotted, which I think was in 1.07 as well - when a Taliban technical is damaged and leaves visual range of your units, you can still see the smoke coming from it even when the unit is hidden (meaning you can still see the hex it's occupying, even if you're not supposed to).
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Afghanistan '11 1.0.9 Public Beta is Available!

Post by Tamas »

Public beta has been updated to 1.0.9! Please refer to the changelog in the first post for list of changes.

Also, the download links have been updated in the first post.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Afghanistan '11 1.0.9 Public Beta is Available!

Post by Pocus »

It works well, except the 'r' key will trigger the promotion of almost all units on the map.
Thanks for the work. :)

ps: hotkeys?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”