Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

thewhitewhale
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by thewhitewhale »

Leonidas042 (Soviet) and myself (Axis) are 11 rounds into our game - should have a result for goose_2 by the end of the day, maybe tomorrow. I'm getting the feeling this is going to be a full 20-turn game. :D

edit: Just finished my Turn 18 now - Allies still hold onto the crucial two VP necessary to win after 20 turns. Coming down to the wire on this one, definitely going to have to save this replay to watch again! All comes down to these last two turns, and how well the Wehrmacht (and myself) perform under pressure.
Last edited by thewhitewhale on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zero1627

Post by Zero1627 »

just saw this thread... a bit late sadly. Best of luck to all participants!
War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Zero1627 wrote:just saw this thread... a bit late sadly. Best of luck to all participants!
You are certainly welcome to try out for the next one, which I am hoping to start sign ups in December to start in January. :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

goose_2 wrote:
Zero1627 wrote:just saw this thread... a bit late sadly. Best of luck to all participants!
You are certainly welcome to try out for the next one, which I am hoping to start sign ups in December to start in January. :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:
I see You want to make cyclical event. :wink:
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

kondi754 wrote:
goose_2 wrote:
I see You want to make cyclical event. :wink:

My hope is twice a year, if they will let me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:
goose_2

thewhitewhale

Post by thewhitewhale »

Reporting results of myself vs. Leonidas042 (winner after 20 rounds) - the 13th Soviet Engineer Corps deserves Red Stars all-around for their last-round defeat of a German recon unit which had captured the second-last VP.

Well-played game all around. After the tournament is over (or my opponent is eliminated), I'll likely upload the replay for all to see, as it was a real nail-biter.

Here's the last screen on the two remaining Allied cities:
https://pasteboard.co/CT8ZOwqC.png
Last edited by thewhitewhale on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonidas048
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Leonidas048 »

Hello i would like to announce the end of my game against thewhitewhale which has ended with a victory for my forces. It was really another close run thing for me. After turn 15 i really thought i wouldnt have a chance against his mass mobile artilley units and constant airstrikes. When he took the objective in the north east with his recon unit i thought i had it but my trusted engineer unit that fought off several attacks near there took out his recon unit and reclaimed the hex. I accept another turn i might not have won but unfortunately in most war scenarios you have to accomplish your missions within a limited time frame. I salute my worthy opponent.
paulwalvoord
2017 Panzer Corps Multiplayer Championship 3rd Place
2017 Panzer Corps Multiplayer Championship 3rd Place

Post by paulwalvoord »

In the match paulwalvoord (soviets) vs. coombes545 (Axis)

paulwalvoord triumphed.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Results are in for the match Thorsten (Axis on the attack) against StefanDK (allied on the defence):

Allied win - Axis surrendered in turn 9 (to my big surprise)!

The first few rounds were quite to the Axis' advantage. They blitzkrieged their way east and killed a few units along the way - mainly infantry though. The tactical bombers were elite, it seemed, but the Russians answered back with anti air measures that soon made the enemy lose a lot of strength.

At the same time the Russian bear build and held a strong defense on the central western town and managed to keep off pioneers and tanks that were sent running to the hills where they were slaughtered by either infantry or anti-tank.

At turn 9, the Axis apparently came to the conclusion that the defense were too strong to make headway and surrendered the scenario.

Thank you for playing against me, Thorsten - I hope you enjoyed it, although I know it is not fun loosing.

I am ready for round 3!
Shilod
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shilod »

Heh! Guys, i wondered of your reports: "surrendered on turn 8...", "soviet decisive victory on turn 6" :shock: I'm playing with Yoki. And theres another bloody bath. Every turn each side lost several units. We now on turn 10 - and fierce fighting lasts for every inch of Soviet land. Until now i had lost 2 VP's. But its very difficult to say who will be winner in this battle :roll:
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Shilod wrote:Heh! Guys, i wondered of your reports: "surrendered on turn 8...", "soviet decisive victory on turn 6" :shock: I'm playing with Yoki. And theres another bloody bath. Every turn each side lost several units. We now on turn 10 - and fierce fighting lasts for every inch of Soviet land. Until now i had lost 2 VP's. But its very difficult to say who will be winner in this battle :roll:
I have never experienced surrenders before this. I have played with a few players, but mostly DrKjell (almost daily for 5½ years), and never have we surrendered. But maybe this is a common thing to do if you are a foreseeing and experienced player (or impatient, perhaps?). However, I have seen "quitting" in multiplayer sessions like Civilization V (quite annoying).

But I think it is fair: If you have done the math and believe you cannot win, then why waste more time on the battle? I, for one, does not have this approach. If I see I am loosing, I will go out with a fight :-)
yoky

Post by yoky »

Hi, Shilod defends each hex of his Soviet mother land very fiercely from the first round. I wrecked his one strong KV during the turn #4 and from that time all other two KVs are experienced and impossible to exterminate. Luckily his fighter is rookie to make troubles but still operating on sunny sky ruled by my Stukas. Shilod put all his forces to defend the west town and border and he does it very smartly. I will fight to the last German unit to cause as much damage as possible, no mercy :D Anyhow, Shilod is very experienced Panzer Corps officer and the game is very enjoyable! Salute! 8)
Rag116
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Rag116 »

rag116 (allies) reporting a win over Jmorse1277 (axis). Axis surrendered on turn 9, was a bit surprised as the Axis started out strong in this, thought he had enough to pull something out.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

Is anyone collect replays? Can you, please, share them? :oops:
Tschemo

Post by Tschemo »

I am also very interested in the replays and I am hoping that after the tournament is over they will be released. :)
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

I do believe I have both replays. But where to upload them - and do I not need permission from my opponent (I would not be happy anybody shared a replay that I did not consent to have shared)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

StefanDK wrote:I do believe I have both replays. But where to upload them - and do I not need permission from my opponent (I would not be happy anybody shared a replay that I did not consent to have shared)

I am open to anyone sharing anything they feel comfortable sharing on this thread so if replays can be posted and the round is over I am ok with people posting replays.

I was thinking that a lot of players would be finishing up this weekend, but we only have 6 matches finished as of this weekend. It has gotten quiet in my inbox...too quiet. :roll: :mrgreen: :wink:

I am enjoying the people that have reported thus far and I am hoping to hear more soon. :mrgreen:
goose_2

Shilod

Post by Shilod »

That was really hard, but Soviet people (under my wise command :D ) can stop the invaders, headed by Yoki :twisted: . As a result - 2 VP's were lost at the end of the game on turn 20. That was, probably, one of the hardest battles ever, since i'm playing Panzer General (Panzer Corps, of course :wink: ) Tomorrow i'll try to make an AAR. But until turn 17 i wasnt sure in my victory. Yoki-san, you're playing smartly - but, over the whole party, imho, you make some mistakes, such as: 1) dont fight for an air superiority, so my Mig-3 can shoot down your bombers, and so on prevent them to destroy heavy tanks; 2) sometime you move deeply into uncharted territory (especially on southern flank), that cost you some units, and strategic initiative in that direction; 3) you attack many my units at one time, but dont concentrate fire to completely kill one or another units. So i can withdraw my "wounded" units behind frontline and replace the losses during whole game. So... thats all. Hope, it will help you in future clashes. But, i'm repeat - that was very hard and interesting battle. Thank you for the game. P.S. I havent right to lost, while defending the Motherland. Even my wife watches our battle and, if i lost this one, she'll never forgive me :lol:
yoky

Post by yoky »

Yes, it was really hard fight to the last man... I wanted to write AAR, but let the winner has the privilege to write it from his perspective, afterwards I will add my view :P
I agree with your observations except of the third - I had all the time bad feeling that I play not just against one player, I knew there are many :lol: I was frustrated with low real killing points of your units in opposite to the estimation shown to me before making the attacks. Now I see that also your wife crossed fingers for your units :D So, my attacks were focused and your units should be exterminated according the PC estimations but after several attacks (when your units should be exterminated) I had no free unit to finish them...
And comment to your second observation: I saw that I'm going out of time therefore I tried to go around the main front line and get some space&points from behind, but I failed to make it properly.
Anyhow, Shilod, I wish you to win the Tournament because then I will know that I was beaten by the King :twisted:
I played this map just for the second time and I have open question to all the players: please, do you think that this map is well balanced?
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

yoky wrote:Yes, it was really hard fight to the last man... I wanted to write AAR, but let the winner has the privilege to write it from his perspective, afterwards I will add my view :P
I agree with your observations except of the third - I had all the time bad feeling that I play not just against one player, I knew there are many :lol: I was frustrated with low real killing points of your units in opposite to the estimation shown to me before making the attacks. Now I see that also your wife crossed fingers for your units :D So, my attacks were focused and your units should be exterminated according the PC estimations but after several attacks (when your units should be exterminated) I had no free unit to finish them...
And comment to your second observation: I saw that I'm going out of time therefore I tried to go around the main front line and get some space&points from behind, but I failed to make it properly.
Anyhow, Shilod, I wish you to win the Tournament because then I will know that I was beaten by the King :twisted:
I played this map just for the second time and I have open question to all the players: please, do you think that this map is well balanced?
Hi Yoky,

I think this map is badly balanced for one-match per round format and the results of the second round may be unfair in some cases.
An experienced player if he is lucky and had possibility of choosing side will surely not lose when he selects the Russians.:)
It's not only my opinion, but my opponent Riker(plays Soviets) thinks the same way. He has organized mp tournaments for many years, so he knows what he's talking about. He proposed we play a rematch.
I think this map requires 2 duels (paired matches), that could also be the reason for so many gaveups.

We still play our duel...
Last edited by kondi754 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “News & Announcements”