amendements fog-r acte 1

Forum pour les testeurs francophones de la version "Field of Glory" (French speaking Field of Glory)

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, nicofig, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

thefrenchjester
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: amendements fog-r acte 1

Post by thefrenchjester »

madaxeman wrote:In English (sorry - but better than my French!)

- The reason for the change in "armour" rules is to make the fights between (unarmoured) Determined/Impact Horse vs Cuirassiers more balanced. At the moment Cuirassiers are too often a better choice than "Swedish-style" Horse, as the effect of armour is very significant. By making "armour" worth "1/2 POA" the charging unarmoured horse have a better chance to win, which is more accurate in history.

- the change in autobreak is exactly as has been said here, which is to make Average troops a better choice especially for Horse. If you consider designing any army list, at the moment I think most players would agree that they start by taking the maximum of Superior troops, and then adding Average ones later. This change makes the decision on Average vs Superior into a more important decision.

Hi Tim,

thanks a lot for your explanations, it will help to play the less powerful armies.

Kind regards.

Gilles
LEmpereur
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by LEmpereur »

thefrenchjester wrote:
madaxeman wrote:In English (sorry - but better than my French!)

- The reason for the change in "armour" rules is to make the fights between (unarmoured) Determined/Impact Horse vs Cuirassiers more balanced. At the moment Cuirassiers are too often a better choice than "Swedish-style" Horse, as the effect of armour is very significant. By making "armour" worth "1/2 POA" the charging unarmoured horse have a better chance to win, which is more accurate in history.

- the change in autobreak is exactly as has been said here, which is to make Average troops a better choice especially for Horse. If you consider designing any army list, at the moment I think most players would agree that they start by taking the maximum of Superior troops, and then adding Average ones later. This change makes the decision on Average vs Superior into a more important decision.

Hi Tim,

thanks a lot for your explanations, it will help to play the less powerful armies.

Kind regards.

Gilles
No need of this changes to play less powerful armies... I play usualy all average BG army, without this unusefull changes! :evil:
L'Empereur Bête et Méchant vous invite à visitez :
Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/
Le projet 2020 : http://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/
Cons se le disent!!!
christophe
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by christophe »

Wait and see. :mrgreen:
What gets me the most is the budget change.
" A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire "
Le cid.
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

christophe wrote:Wait and see. :mrgreen:
What gets me the most is the budget change.
The budget change is not final. I think everyone agrees there is more work to do on this.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
christophe
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by christophe »

Let's hope that kevin does not use it in derby :mrgreen:
" A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire "
Le cid.

Return to “French Speaking Forum”