Overwatch

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
WhiteFlight17
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Overwatch

Post by WhiteFlight17 »

Is there anyway to change the weird positioning rule to just become overwatch? Makes the melee units in the game seem really weak when they can get gunned down by 3-4 gun squads just because they walked into range. I think it would be more fun and more like the table top if you only let the squad be charged the ability to shoot overwatch. It’s also frustrating when trying to move a ranged unit into shooting range and they get shot at for free. Don’t know how others in the community would like this but I would :D , other than that though I’ve absolutely loved Sanctus Reach! Keep up the good work!
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Overwatch

Post by DocDesastro »

I am ambivalent on this. First, not every unit gets a reaction shot. Some heavy weapons or flamers will not for instance. Second besides of pistols, you need to give a direction to defend against. When trying to deny the field to your opponent, you might want bolters and heavy bolters. Melee units are not weak. A charge has to be prepared first. If playing orks, try using sacrificial units like gretchins to trigger overwatch. That is what the runtherd is for. Use a vehicle, that is, what a Rhino is for. If you are a space marine, then what about using smoke grenades, if able to make a screen? Use a dreadnought to soak up overwatch. When playing orks, you might not be bothered with it as marines have tough armour and orks cannot hit a damn thing by shooting, so rather ineffective. Assaulting waiting entrenched troops in direction of their guns is always a bad idea.
The current mechanism is quite good. I would like to have the normal flamers giving overwatch as well to make them more versatile.
Dragonnak

Re: Overwatch

Post by Dragonnak »

I would really like to be able to take my rule book and codexes and be able to use them in game. That would be fun.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”