Horrors of the Warp - first impression

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Horrors of the Warp - first impression

Post by MartiusR »

I've decided to buy it in first day, on GOG. I was quite curious about new side of conflict.. And...

Well, for now I'm rather satisfied in mediocre way. I've tried first mission from campaign (played by Orks, in other circumstances I would complain, but it turns out that Daemons are weaker than Orks). And one skirmish mission, this time with Chaos Demons.

I doubt that I will ever like playing with Chaos in this shape.Demons are literally mutilated by ranged weapons. Even stronger units seems to be surprisingly vulnerable.They're quite good in fighting with infantry, but vehicles (especially heavy armored) seems to be quite hard to damage properly. Pink horrors turned out to be relatively effective unit (quite strong attack from distance), but keeping them alive is quite a challenge.

Turns out that demons are total weaklings without their human followers (and their wargear) :P
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Horrors of the Warp - first impression

Post by Rosseau »

It's also on sale for $1 off. That's pretty funny :roll:

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”