Suggestion: XP award based on sprites killed

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Suggestion: XP award based on sprites killed

Post by DocDesastro »

I have some qualms in the way XP awards work currently. The XP is awarded to the unit killing the last sprite - the whole bulk. Like if blood claws kill 4 out of 5 orks another unit killing the last sprite gets the whole deal. Does not sound logical to me and is really a pain when it comes to single sprite unit like blood claw leader or wolf priests. They have a hard time levelling up as they usually do not manage to kill a whole unit with their two attacks an nearly negligible pistol they have. So why not divide the XP to all units contributing to the kill? Example: A grot unit is worth 10XP and has 5 sprites. So why not award 2XP per dead grot to the unit that actually eliminated said sprites. In that matter units will have the XP not concentrated in units of mass destruction - they still will level up easy like the venerable dreadnought in close combat smashing a whole infantry unit at once, but result in a broader mass of level 2-3 units. Also, I think ork units get recycled during a campaign so each XP earned for them makes a harder game later. If played right, the orks confronted at the last missions still will be noobs while you will tear them apart with level 3 and 4 units. That way some might get still some XP from whacking the odd blood claw and pose a better challenge in the end game.

Synopsis: Award XP based on sprites per unit killed. Just divide the XP the unit is worth by the number of sprites and award after each attack a sprite is killed.
AwesomeLion
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Suggestion: XP award based on sprites killed

Post by AwesomeLion »

I like this idea. Would it be possible within the limitation of the games engine? @devs

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”