Some suggestions

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
exsonic01
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Some suggestions

Post by exsonic01 »

First of all, I really appreciate for this excellent 40K game. IMO this game is an one of the jewels among all 40K PC games.

There are lots of suggestions already, there would be overlap from my list with previous ones. But I introduce mine anyway.

1. Missing units
All factions have missing units from codex. But some of them are really essential to the each faction. Here's my wish:
a) AM - heavy weapon team, sniper team, hydra, wyvern or manticore or both, taurox (with armament choice), baneblade, stormblade. Not sure about deathstrike. Wish to see hero unit Marbo (returns in 8th edition) and Catachans if possible in future series.
b) SW - plasma cannon team, servitors, predator annihilator, stormfang, different land raider variant, thunderhawk gunship, vindicator. I don't think we need to include new toys like Primaris marines and Repuslor tank for this series, but it would be great if we have them in future series.
c) Ork - deff rolla wagon, dakkajet, burna/blitza bomber, kommandos, tankbustas, other mek gun variants, meks, looted tanks. Seriously, ork need some cheap AT units now IMO. :evil: SW has longfang with lascannon, AM has sentinel, but I cannot find any Ork counterparts. Supa kannon is too expensive. Tankbusta or kommandos would be greatly helpful.

On top of those lists, wish to see commander squad for all factions. Also, it would be great to see assassins in all imperial factions.

2. More factions
Lots of folks already recommended, but I wish to see chaos marines, chaos daemons, grey knights, and nids (or necrons). Without chaos, it ain't be the "true" 40k game :twisted:

3. New mission types and campaigns
a) Existence of friendly AI, and joint operation of SW + AM forces in campaign.
b) Infiltration & assassination or explosive and run mission with assassins or kommandos.
c) 2:2 multi if possible

4. Bigger scale missions in campaign
Not sure how many units can be handled by this game engine, but it would be great if we could see a huuuuuge mission, like 10k or 20k pointwise, in campaign.

5. Freedom of choice for units, wargears, and level up traits.
I really have no clues about why all of them are random in this game. This is the main reason that make me hesitate to enjoy multi. I don't like the point that I may could lose the game because of unfair/unlucky random list from the beginning. Almost all players wants to play with their own army list for multiplayer games and skirmish games.

If the random list option is nonnegotiable, at least give us freedom of wargears and weapon variants.

Same goes to level up traits in single campaign. It would be great if the level-up system is tech-tree type IMO.

6. Choice for battlegroup.
If the freedom of choice for troops and wargears are impossible, how about giving an option to choice the battlegroup? This way, players will have a chance to enjoy all units, yet will going to have more balanced beginning option.

7. Close combat or Dark Crusade style strategic map
I think a lot of players also recommended this already.

8. Deep striking elements like droppods, drop troopers, teleporta...

9. More eye candy = more immersion = more sales
a) Dramatic explosion / weapon / magic effects
b) Realistic ragdoll / particle physics
c) More fragments of destroyed walker / vehicles after explosion
d) More various poses of destroyed walkers / vehicles
e) More brutal expressions - more blood and realistic bodies... right now all bodies are just lying down on the floor like board game models. Real battleground would bring more limbs and heads everywhere. It does NOT need to be ultra-gore, and I don't like that option as well, but at least we could try something like XCOM or DOW2 or DOW3. Com'on, it is 40K world, the world of total brutality and absolute destruction.
f) More backgrounds - lava planet, dead world like Catachan, Hellish daemon worlds, Urban warfare in hive city, battle inside spacehulk, battlebarge, or space station...
g) Sync kills, bullet time, killcam... Those are fantastic, already DOW2 and XCOM showed lots of cool features regarding those options.

10. More ear candy = more immersion = more sales
a) Campaign voice actor like XCOM's council guy, and more voice acting features.
b) More realistic gun / cannon / explosion sounds. I already swapped some of mp3s using my own.
c) Background battlefield sounds
d) More epic musics

11. Possibility of WEGO system.
This would be very tough, but maybe in far future.

12. Buildings, which can be occupied by troops.

Everyone who played this game, including me, feels the huge potential in this game. Lots of 40K games suck. I wish this game become the best one in whole 40K game history.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Re: Some suggestions

Post by Benedict151 »

Thanks for taking the time to put this list together Exsonic
A few of the things you mention are on our todo list and others are certainly on our wish list.
Sadly not all are possible but there are definitely items to consider here

regards
Ben Wilkins

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”