Tournament Scoring System

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Fosil
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Tournament Scoring System

Post by Fosil »

I am playing in the Test Tournament atm and I have a question about the scoring system: How does it work exactly? Because I have some scores, that seems to be counterintuitive to what you would expect.

My opponent surrendered before I could finish off his last units. I lost two units of lasgun guardsman in this match and I had not taken additional victory points. my score for this match is lower compared to my second match, where I lost triple the amount of unit points, but had extra turns to take VPs. in return my opponent has a higher score for the match where he surrendered, compared to the other match where he did alot more damage to my force. it seems, that by surrendering, I neither get points for his remaining units, nor points for the remaining VP points.

that seems to be exploitable. you could surrender the match, when it starts to get downhill to keep your victory points and units points and you can even use a full turn to do some extra damage before surrendering.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tournament Scoring System

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback. There is a bug with the tournament scoring that making it hard to see whats working or not. We're going to get you a fix but it wont be till next week.

The plan is you'll get a score out of 300 displayed in the client which will match with what you see on the server. When we get the fix out it will be easier to see if things are working as intended.

If someone surrenders it should definitely allocate all VP's to their opponent, and allocate the win bonus to the winning player.
Fosil

Post by Fosil »

so you get points for having units alive, controlling VPs and winning the match?
Fosil

Post by Fosil »

I have something else to add: there seems to be no point penalty for "timed out" games. the player, who spent more time for his turns on an unfinished match, kept his score unchanged after the round end time. at least that is what I could observe on my first round game of the sanctus reach tournament 1.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

"so you get points for having units alive, controlling VPs and winning the match?"

Yes - but we are looking to make some revisions to the scoring system for future tournaments - and address the exploit reported

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”