Questions for the Devs about the game and DLC coming.

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
kodan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Questions for the Devs about the game and DLC coming.

Post by kodan »

I know as I post this I might not get answers to these and you might not even be willing/able to answer them at this time.

Ok you mention new units but you don't really say beyond the orcs getting a revamp of their progression but will there be some new Space Marines( like longfangs with heavy bolters etc.)?

Are you doing two levels of campaign for Orcs or will they just get the one campaign?

I know lots of people myself included want more Factions but can we expect another campaign with Space Marines(even if its not a new chapter of Space Marine) at some point? Will the new more immersive comic style illustrations be added to the Space Marine campaigns too?

I know the game was really well received by players but can you talk about Games Workshop reaction to your game? A lot of people are surprised that you were able to get the chance to make something that's so close to the tabletop, I am curious did they approach you guys about making the game or the was it the other way around?

These are just some musings of mine. If anyone from staff could answer any of these that would be awesome. No big deal if you can't though.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Questions for the Devs about the game and DLC coming.

Post by Shrike »

Some of your questions are answered via the screenshots on the DLC page on Steam ;-)
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Hello Kodan
I'm sorry, I can't say much at this point but with regard to the first DLC 'Legacy of the Weirdboy' here is a little information (from the Steam page Shrike mentioned)

- A new Orks campaign – lead the Greenskins in their deep strike on Isle of Dominus
- New units for Orks and Space Wolves – command units such as the Painboy or the Venerable Dreadnought (hint - there is also a released screenshot of Longfangs with Heavy Bolters)
- Fleshed out Orks faction – the Orks are now more brutal than ever, having at their disposal plenty of new skills and a new unit progression system
- A new playable hero - Big Redd, a ferocious weirdboy, would rather die than falter in his vicious offensive
- New Victory Conditions – defeat your enemy by obtaining enough Loot or by 'Capturing the Flag'
- Improved storytelling – immerse yourself like never before in this tale of war and destruction with the new Illustrated stories

There will be more information in May

regards
Ben Wilkins
kodan

Post by kodan »

Mr. Wilkins Thank you so very much for your reply. Your time is greatly appreciated.

I never bothered to look at the steam page really( I did look at it though once it was pointed out). I looked all around your site when the DLC was first announced and didn't see any of the info you just posted other than the initial announcement on the 18th.

"In this first DLC you will have at your disposal several new units, many new abilities and plenty of new tactical options. Straylight have devoted the same extreme attention to detail as they had for models in the base game, and the new models are gorgeous. We’ll show them in detail soon. The Ork faction has been revamped, and now they have full unit progression in their own campaign. The sense of immersion in the campaign is enhanced thanks to the new comic book style illustrations which capture the theme of the game and its setting."

So based on that is part of why I asked some of the questions I did. Thank you for the info you so graciously copied from a part of the announcement I missed. :D I am VERY happy that you got a chance to add more units to the Space Wolves. I am really happy the Longfangs with heavy bolters got added as that's literally like the default weapon for a devastator/Longfangs squad. That dreadnaught looks awesome too, hope its as tough as it looks. :D

I still do have some questions though in regards to if the new DLC features will flow back to the original Space Wolves campaigns? Will we get to use the new Space Wolves units in the Space Wolves campaigns or will they be limited to skirmish/enemies for the orc campaign? The flip of course will be do the orcs in the prior campaigns get the new stuff too? Are the original two campaigns getting the new Illustrated stories treatment? It would make sense for them to but I could see it not happening like this or maybe even not till sometime later or something.
kodan

Post by kodan »

sorry double post..
Last edited by kodan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Put in an army builder so we can do solo matches with whatever forces we want vs whatever enemies we want. It needs to have full customization on force selection. This will add the replay value to this game. Honestly, I havent touched this game for weeks because the random force selection got boring to use.

Pretty please? To be honest, a lot of interest and community enthusiasm in this game just died off when you guys bluntly rejected any kind of force selection customization setup. Very sad. One of two things that keeps a game going and relevant after its initial charm wears off is being able to DL mods, and the other is being able to customize your battles. Is there a community link for a mods page, maybe here or on steam, and are you going to allow for us to customize our force selection the way we would like? Just like to know that, so I can either bury my hope for this game and move on or keep checking back.
GordonStraylight
Straylight
Straylight

Post by GordonStraylight »

Hi Dizzy,

Sorry we have not addressed this issue yet, It's right at the top of my priority list now ;)

A skirmish mode which gives you multiple units of every types will be possible.

I am also thinking about a force selection when you get reinforcements in the campaign. So you might be stuck with a selection of units at the start but you get to choose what you bring in.

Cheers,

Gordon.
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

GordonStraylight wrote:Hi Dizzy,

I am also thinking about a force selection when you get reinforcements in the campaign. So you might be stuck with a selection of units at the start but you get to choose what you bring in.
In the campaign, while it's nice to be able to choose your reinforcements, we can deal with what we get. That's part of the nature of a campaign, is dealing with what is available and being forced to make hard choices. That's never been an issue for anyone in terms of making this game fun or not, no one I know has really complained about this.

What would have made this game much more fun is to have allowed us to have a skirmish mode with the freedom of choice to build a mission to play where we can field anything we want from all the available troop choices and fight a force of anything we want. I still cannot understand why you guys have not implemented some sort of fix for this as it was something many of us requested.

A bone headed decision by Relic entertainment and sega for the new game dawn of war iii has really bit them in the ass as a lot of people dislike this and have steered clear of the game because of it. DoW3 has locked unit choices. So you need to grind in order to unlock them. Haha, fuck them, Ill not buy a game like that. Dont lord over your playerbase and impose your philosophy of how the game should be played when they obviously disagree with you. It's like biting the hand that feeds you. I hope you guys get your shit together and give us what we want before you go asking us to pay for a DLC that doesnt include the features we have asked for. Dont make dumb marketing decisions. If you guys release a DLC, make sure it has unlimited skirmish force selection.
Latro

Post by Latro »

GordonStraylight wrote:

Yay! Finally we'll be able to fight real hordes of Orks.

Splendid!
Latro

Post by Latro »

Oh, btw, could you make the field for the force size a select field? Or that you can just fill in the number.
Kind of bothersome to have to click so many times to up the size.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”