Poll: What DLC do you want first?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Poll: What DLC do you want first?

Post by ImperialGrunt »

I guess things depend if the game remains centered around Sanctus Reach or branches out. Sanctus Reach was only invaded by Orks as part of the Red Waaaagh. No Chaos or other protagonists that I am aware of.

Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Updated. And Dino, I also like Necrons, and when I tossed a Tangle Grenade and saw how the effect was done, I know now how awesome Necrons would look on the battlfield. Cant wait to play them.
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

Necrons, like everything in the GrimDark... are bad news. And they have no mercy, they remind me of the Terminator crossed with the machines from the Matrix movies, unrelenting and without a hint of compassion. And their resurrection ability is frightful.

Everyone else is much less scary. For example Chaos just wants Blood for the Blood God. Well, bad example. Take the Dark Eldar. They just want to capture people to...wait, well, next. How about the Tyranids? They are just hungry cute animals right? I guess not.

Ok, the blue space commies and space elves are not so bad. But they are aliens and must be purged!

Got to love the GrimDark, lol.
wavelover42
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by wavelover42 »

All of them! :D

Hopefully we will get the other races, but if Sanctus Reach is anything like Armageddon? I am afraid it will only be connected to Sanctus Reach campaign. Heck i am still hoping for the 1st war for Armageddon(i know different game)!

Like what was previously posted. Sanctus Reach only had space wolves, Obsidian Glaives, Knightly Houses, Orks, Astra Militarium, and Astra Tempestus. There could be some Mechanicus , Skittarii, Inquisition Xenos, and Death Watch, but it was not mentioned in Lexicanium.

If we can not get other races in Sanctus perhaps Slitherine can do other Campaigns. Slytherine already has the license for The War for Armageddon. Hopefully GW will allow other Campaigns like War Zone Damocles, War Zone Fenris, Shield of Baal. Black Crusade, Traitors Hate, and Gathering storm: Fall of Cadia and the other tied in Campaigns. I would like to see the Imperial Armor and Horus Heresy Campaigns from forge world. Could you imagine playing Seige of Vraks, Badab War, Isstvan Campaign or burning of Prospero? I know this is mostly wish listing, but if Slitherine is constrained by licensing from GW( i am assuming from Dawn of War) this might be the way to get all races slowly but surely. If all else fails there can always be Mods( i hope).
Voarag
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Voarag »

Tau'va!
Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Voarag wrote:Tau'va!
Updated
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

Well, so far by the popular vote it would be the Imperial Guard versus Chaos Space Marines. But I am not sure if that would be the best match up per se, a shooty army versus a strong melee army, which is what we have now in SR. It might be better to have two shooty armies go head to head. If we did that then it would be the IG versus the Tau, which sounds really cool to me! And the Tau even could have human auxiliaries which would be interesting to see.

They need a time out so they can go back to a good shooting distance!
wavelover42

Post by wavelover42 »

Officio Assassinorum, Militarum Tempestus, Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii
wavelover42

Post by wavelover42 »

Death watch, Inquisition
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

wavelover42 wrote:All of them! :D

Hopefully we will get the other races, but if Sanctus Reach is anything like Armageddon? I am afraid it will only be connected to Sanctus Reach campaign. Heck i am still hoping for the 1st war for Armageddon(i know different game)!

Like what was previously posted. Sanctus Reach only had space wolves, Obsidian Glaives, Knightly Houses, Orks, Astra Militarium, and Astra Tempestus.
The Astra Tempestus would be really cool as part of an IG DLC.

And the 50th Kappic Eagles under the command of Tempestor Prime Salem Whitlock would be epic!
Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Updated. Added Death Watch to last category
wavelover42

Post by wavelover42 »

Harlequins,
Dark Angels,

You can not have Eldar, or Dark Eldar without Harlequins :wink:
Dark Angels becouse I am painting a army of them right now :)

Also Eldar Corsairs and Eldar Exodites(Eldar riding Dino's...I mean come on whats not to like? :D) Even so these two army's might fall under plain Eldar? Forge world does have rules for Corsairs. Not sure how accurate current rumors are but some say there might be Exodites.
Last edited by wavelover42 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith »

done
GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer »

Guard and Chaos Marines

Has it been ever officially hinted there will be DLC?
Dizzy_slith

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Updated. I dont know where it's posted, but the rumor is that slitherine and straylight will be doing a DLC with Chaos and Guard. I dont think Chaos was part of the Sanctus Reach campaign, so it's not known how that will factor in. Does anyone know what type of license Straylight has for Sanctus Reach from Games Workshop? Are they greenlit to publish an all races DLC game?
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Schweinewitz »

Dizzy_slith wrote: I dont think Chaos was part of the Sanctus Reach campaign, so it's not known how that will factor in.
At the end of the Hour of the Wolf Campaign Supplement some Chaos demons drop in an say Hi.
GovRorschach

Post by GovRorschach »

If I had two choices I'd say : Tyranids and Imperial Guards.

They have so many combinations possible. Tyranids are vastly overated in my opinion, so many things to do with these, and they appear in the lore for a long time.

If there had to be another marine chapter, Black Templars ,Blood Angels and Dark Angels have by far the most different tactics and the best champions you could find to diversify marines I guess without much work.

Having in every game chaos marines, even if the lore of course imply them alot, I always felt like : ok we have the good marines and the bad marines, last one being a kind of derivative from the first with a bit of blood sorcery and untasteful skin sticked here and there. It's cool, it's gore, but tacticaly I never found that it was a good idea to implement them when you have a short-list choice of factions implemented. Having it availaible when there're only 4 factions is far too redundant.
GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer »

Schweinewitz wrote:At the end of the Hour of the Wolf Campaign Supplement some Chaos demons drop in an say Hi.
That's perfect then. I actually just found the text, and it fits.

The way I see it, we now have a bunch of Elite Units versus a mass of Not So Elite Units. Bringing in the Guard and Chaos Demons gives each side an alternative. And it fits perfectly with the Lore and likely the license...

What it might add are two more campaigns, one prequel (Orks vs. Guards) and one sequel (Wolves vs. Chaos). It really makes a lot of sense...
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Tau
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

I really hope the Tempestus Scions can be part of an IG DLC. This would be a great campaign!

The Red WAAAGH! (998.M41) - The Ork Warlord Grukk Face-rippa rampages across the Sanctus Reach system and is met in battle at Alaric Prime. Amongst the defenders under the command of Castellan Stein of Cadia are Tempestor Prime Salem Whitlock and his Tempestus Scions of the 50th Kappic Eagles. Whitlock leads a daring raid to destroy an immense Mekaniak tractor beam that threatens to give the Orks their victory in one fell swoop, making a near-suicidal drop directly onto the Ork position and destroying the device.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”