Poll: What DLC do you want first?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
MarcelloM
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Poll: What DLC do you want first?

Post by MarcelloM »

Hi all, new to the forums here.

Personally, as new DLCs I would actually love if one of the next expansions involved thwe tyranids. The bitey bugs need more gaming love, and theysure would offer quite the challenge in campaign.

Imagine an army similar to the orks, in which they keep on swarming you, where they reinforcements derive from scavenged dead organic mass. Mechanics wise, they could have any dead bodies on the field spawn new basic gaunt units after tot turns have passed, unless said bodies are destroyed (flamer type weapons should be the ones best suited for this job) and whener the bugs hold a victory point for tot time, capillary towers would emerge from the ground, which would work as a spawning location, passively buffing nearby allies and, last but not least, each capillary tower is connected to any other present on the map, working as fast travel point, so that the bugs can wuickly redeploy their armies.

If we want to go completely nuts, additionally, the tyranids could be able to switch their weapons on the field based on the situation. So say, you are focusing on killing from the range, the bugs long range units would switch to an antiinfantry loadout; you cover the advance of your army with your mechanised units, more tyranids will biomorph antitank weapons; you send your assault termies in for butchering the leadership, the warriors will generate agrenal glands to counter them; etc.
To balance this, there might be a cooldown on the ability to change loadout, and the unit who biomorphed may have one less action available for the entire turn.

Anyway, whatever the new faction will be, I am looking forward to seeing new unique army mechanics that will shake things up, to improve a vanilla game that has probably become one of the most enjoyable TBS games of the last years for me.

P.S. Space Puppies suck, Orkz rulez
Charonzaha

Post by Charonzaha »

Other than all of them, Chaos Deamons please!

Quickly followed by all of them! :-)

Such a great game Slitherine; even though I'm not keen on Orks as a faction, I'm happy get the DLC to support the game. Please
keep up the excellent work!
MartiusR
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MartiusR »

It's hard to choose, I would struggle between Chaos (cultists, traitor IG, Chaos SM) and Imperial Guard... But in the end Imperial Guard wins. But to me more specific - I'm dreaming about side called simply Imperium. With SM, IG and SoB. Like it was for example in Warhammer 40k: Rites of War. It was in my opinion the best way to introduce Imperium of Man in strategy game. But I'm guessin that it's the least realistic possibility, so my vote goes for Imperial Guard.

"Second place" would take ex-aquo Chaos forces and Tau.
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Updated.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”