Sanctus Reach Patch v1.0.1 Available!

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sanctus Reach Patch v1.0.1 Available!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

the first official patch is now available. Check for updates on the launcher to update your game .

v1.0.1 – January 24, 2017
• Bug Fix – Dead men in squads could be selected/targeted causing various issues.
• Bug Fix – Units now remain selection after melee attacks.
• Bug Fix – Unit would not reaction fire if the target was in melee range of an allied unit.
• Minor Text Changes.
• Clarification of the first mission objectives in the Stormclaw campaign.
• Balance tweaks for the Stormclaw campaign skirmish map generation.

Enjoy the changes. Expect another update later this week.

Thanks!

Download link:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... p-v101.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... p-v101.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/Warha ... p-v101.zip
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Sanctus Reach Patch v1.0.1 Available!

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the update and fixes
ImperialGrunt
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ImperialGrunt »

Upgraded to v1.01 and it was super easy via Steam. Very cool and thanks.
kodan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by kodan »

I am getting a failure to open a ftp file when I try to update the non steam version. Not sure how hard it would be to get my saves moved to the steam version or I would download it.
GCCRacer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by GCCRacer »

Is there a way to manually download the update? Or is the main installer also updated? I like to kerp my installation files on an offline backup.

Thanks, regards
Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Brenmusik »

It ought to be available from the members site.
kodan

Post by kodan »

LOL @Brenmusik thanks for that info I was able to get the patch that way as the standalone auto patcher is broken atm...
Mischief Maker
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Mischief Maker »

There is no link to the standalone patcher on the Sliterine page. I didn't buy through steam. Could you please provide a link to the patch?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Mischief Maker wrote:There is no link to the standalone patcher on the Sliterine page. I didn't buy through steam. Could you please provide a link to the patch?
You can download from your member's area or from the links we have add in the original post.
Moonreaver

Post by Moonreaver »

Please adjust the Ork Transport. It is insane OP compared to the Rhino.

Also Flash Gitz are easily able to one shot a some hero units. (Talking Campaign here) Same with MegaNobz. These ranged units can destroy terminators with ease also (talking Melee Hammer termis) It seems Marine Armour needs a slight buff all around.

Also Single melee hero units can beat themselves to death. Virtually everytime they hit a unit, if the unit has more then 1 person (Since the Hero melee's only one) that unit gets to melee the hero unit. If Hero units were extremely powerful that would be one thing, but some of them are pretty much a squad just in one body rather then 4-6.

Love the game though.

The campaign is totally doable as is, but I feel like I am fighting an almost equal enemy, rather then a few small units of Space Marines versus 10 thousand Orks.
Last edited by Moonreaver on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonreaver

Post by Moonreaver »

Also, just a thought, being able to choose weargear and upgrades for our hero's and squad as they level would be awesome.
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Moonreaver wrote:Please adjust the Ork Transport. It is insane OP compared to the Rhino.

Also Flash Gitz are easily able to one shot a some hero units. (Talking Campaign here) Same with MegaNobz. These ranged units can destroy terminators with ease also (talking Melee Hammer termis) It seems Marine Armour needs a slight buff all around.
The Orks need a Trukk. The Trukk is like the Rhino, but less armored and probably less points. I havent seen it in the game. Im not even sure if its in the game. Probably not, but the Orks need one. Only transport Ive seen is the BattleWagon. Its way more expensive than the Rhino and deservedly so. Its packed with turrets and guns. Hence the name. Its fine as is, imo.

Flash Gitz are an Ork super weapon for infantry. You are to fear this unit. Yes they will one shot your hero. Yes they can bring down a Land Raider. You want to focus fire on these units on the table top game because of their ability to use their devastating firepower. They are one of the few units available that have any antitank ability and the Orks are starved of units like these, but they are short ranged. So in Sanctus Reach, either steer clear of them, or kill them first before they fire at you. I wouldnt give space marines any armor buff because of one enemy unit. You'd unbalance too many other weapons. IMO
ribac007
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by ribac007 »

Moonreaver wrote:Also, just a thought, being able to choose weargear and upgrades for our hero's and squad as they level would be awesome.
I was thinking the same thing myself. Allow player to pick upgrades over what now seems to be random.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

That is on our list, but is a considerable task to implement and balance :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

VPaulus wrote:
Mischief Maker wrote:There is no link to the standalone patcher on the Sliterine page. I didn't buy through steam. Could you please provide a link to the patch?
You can download from your member's area or from the links we have add in the original post.
Thanks for that! Please continue providing links for future patches.

If we're making a wishlist for future patches, one thing with this game that's a real head-scratcher is the near-total lack of fluff. I mean I could understand the choice of not paying for professional voice acting like in Armageddon, but surely you could put in some (easily skippable) text fluff beyond a single paragraph per scripted mission. Why is the thunderhawk crashed in mission 1? Who is the scorched knight and why is he buds with Grimnar? You can't just set up battles with zero explanation the way you could with a WWII game. Just a little extra text so we know what the heck is going on would really improve the experience.
Dizzy_slith
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Dizzy_slith »

Im sure the Devs focused on gameplay and modeling and such. As a result the game is fun and it hasnt crashed on me once in over a hundred hours of gameplay. Had they known this game would be rated so highly, be so much fun, I bet they would have invested in more voice work had it been in their budget.

Still surprised they didnt embellish this game with the richness that is the world of 40k lore. They could do so much more... but I'd rather have a good playable game which is what we have than a buncha fluff and voice work anyday. So I think they focused on the right stuff. And if they grow into a larger game developer, I hope they add some personnel that will focus more on fluffiness. I do hope they add more voice work, and I hope they really bust their nut when it comes to adding DLC, because now they know how much of a hot they have on their hands, there's no reason for them not to polish the game up a little now and in furture releases. Pressure's on!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”