will they release more DLC for this game?

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
toska
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

will they release more DLC for this game?

Post by toska »

Hi, I am new to this game and I would like to know if its development is finished or will be releasing new DLC updates. Personally I would like to see many more factions in the game.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: will they release more DLC for this game?

Post by Parallax »

This game is lore-focused and no other factions take part in Sanctus Reach campaign, so, i think, no more factions will be available. But i think devs working on the new game with the same engine, but with other factions (Shield of Bhaal campaign, for example). And i hope, if it's true, both game would be compatible in multiplayer )
Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

Expect this be true, i admit first i dont like a lot the game but now i enjoy it a lot, you can enter in WH tactical combat without need invest in figures.

Maybe the best thing devs can do is do something like CMANO and his big DLCs, for example you can buy the middle east expansion as stand alone game BUT you can install it over the base game if you have it... if new campaign is avaliable to be used with Sanctus reach with all content in one single installation... expand skirmish armies avaliable is allways a good thing.

I still miss Tau faction, they looks like an interesting army, something between imperial guard and space marines.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

There is no actual lore problem, they can invent one, and even it's not very good enough, we will however pleased and forget this, like we don't really care about those already done mistakes, that we can imagine was done by Chaos...
Their problem is that they have to sell other games, one game can't be perfect as we would not really need other games...
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

But sure, not planning for a perfect game is bad in the end, as it will sell less in the long time.
So, what players should want is to be sold again the same perfect game they love, but made what anew is needed (technology, lore, whatever).

A good example is TitanQuest, a serious game of love, it sold in the long run, and is even made anew many years long.

Another example, is that we're waiting for MedievalTotalWar3: after MedTW2Kingdoms, I've never bought any TW game, made worst and prisonner of Steam.
Med3 is a dream, all are waiting to put their genious mods of Med2 in a better game. Each TW games after Med2 was made to be sold DLCs, so modding was made prisonner/controled through Steam DRM, and so none mods could be translated to a new game. Players forget that Steam is firstly a DRM.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”