What's with autorunsc.exe?

ElDude
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

What's with autorunsc.exe?

Post by ElDude »

I notice in prior versions and dlc's for panzer corps, the autorun menukeep running long after the game started. and, it's using the internet. I use to be able to close the autorun menu and that cleared up a lot of lags with the game, but with soviet corps, can't close the menu any more.

I was just playing soviet corps and was trying to save when the busy arrow thing replaced the mouse cursor. wondering why it was taking so long I opened taskmanager and there it is, autorunsc doing whatever it is it does. what is that? why is it sending and receiving data over the internet? this isn't cool.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: What's with autorunsc.exe?

Post by zakblood »

bit to random for Tech support tbh, as it has nothing to do with Last Days of Old Earth, while you mention soviet corps etc etc, so wrong forum, but answered it all the same

Code: Select all

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
Autoruns' Hide Signed Microsoft Entries option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system and it has support for looking at the auto-starting images configured for other accounts configured on a system. Also included in the download package is a command-line equivalent that can output in CSV format, Autorunsc.

You'll probably be surprised at how many executables are launched automatically!

Return to “Tech Support”