SJ Tournament 2018 - Round 3 Seikigahara

ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: SJ Tournament 2018 - Round 3 Seikigahara

Post by ahuyton »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:29 am [quote=ahuyton
Brian, that is a shame. Either Gavin, Will or myself can substitute for our missing Captain. Why don't you post the challenge for one of us - you decide...
Alan
The first of you to uplift the Challenge, pw cedric, has the Honour to play the Tokogawa as acting General of the LFDLM Team
[/quote]

Will, I leave you first option. If you don't feel like it in the end, then I will play and no doubt get a sound beating from Brian.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

I'm game. Set up a challenge and give me the pw.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

SnuggleBunnies (Toyotomi) defeats w_michael (Tokugawa) 21-41

As per victory conditions in the scenario, I inflicted 40% losses and was up by more than 15%.

This still doesn't solve the mystery of GDod's an I's game. For the Toyotomi side, it says that if you inflict 21% losses you win even if you lose. For the Tokugawa side, it says you lose even if you won the battle if your losses exceed 21%; in that game, I broke GDod's army with my Tokugawa force at exactly 21%, and received a victory screen. Maybe we need to call in Richard or Jomni?
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

w_michael wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:34 am I'm game. Set up a challenge and give me the pw.
The game is posted for LFDLM , use that challenge Will. Password is in my post above ...cedric

LFDLM has appeared in our Pike & Shot game after a break, I asked him about playing in Round 3 of the SJ comp so maybe wait until your Sunday evening to uplift the challenge in case LFDLM wants to play. If the challenge has not been uplifted by your Sunday evening take it.
Thanks
Brian
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

LFDLM & I have started Round 3.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

My game with TGM came to a close with the mass seppuku of my samurai and the shameful rout of my untrustworthy peasants. It was an epic slaughter, and I conceded when I realised that I could not meet the (rather odd) victory conditions. Once the reinforcements joined my side I could only win by inflicting 60% losses and suffering maximum 30%.

So TGM (Tokugawa) beat ahuyton (Toyotomi) - 56-55

Crazy game...
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

So there is just one game left

kiwiwarlord v LFDLM

Brian and Cedric, any chance you guys can finish soon? Then we can wrap this up, fete the winners (Brian and co) and console the losers (which include myself)
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

ahuyton wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:45 am So there is just one game left
kiwiwarlord v LFDLM
Brian and Cedric, any chance you guys can finish soon? Then we can wrap this up, fete the winners (Brian and co) and console the losers (which include myself)
Hi Alan, Sent move 8 back yesterday, very close score, 23%-21%, so anything can happen. Cedric has been very slow with moves, work or other commitments maybe.
That's a bit of a problem re the Victory Conditions changing, looks like I am better off if Cedric gets the reinforcements.
ahuyton

Post by ahuyton »

Thanks, Brian.

I am tempted to call your game a draw in the interests of wrapping up the tournament, but do not want to spoil the fun... let us see where both are on 31 December and decide then.

In retrospect, I should have better tested the scenario, which, while interesting, has proven to be problematic due to the victory conditions situation.
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

KiwiWarlord's 59,558 Toyotomi ( 27% ) defeated LFDLM's 48768 Tokugawa ( 64% )

A very, very tough game to say the least. I only won due to some rather fortuitous Rallies in the last couple of turns otherwise I would have been on, or over, the 31% with no chance of winning.
General Kobayakawa Hideaki and his boys joined my Toyotomi and manged to get into combat and rout two units of Tokugawa Cavalry during the last turn of the game.
General Kobayakawa Hideaki felled General Ii Naomasa during the melee.
Also both Honjins were being assaulted at the end but both held.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Tournaments & Leagues”