POA Question

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

berthier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

POA Question

Post by berthier »

I think we got this one correct but just wanted to get other's opinion.

Had a situation where a Kushan Cataphract was engaged to its front with a Sassanid Cataphract. The Kushan was disrupted with a general. The Kushan was charged in the flank by a fresh Sassanid LH. In the impact, the Kushan's fought at -- POA and the Sassanid LH ++ POA. No problem there. The Kushan lost and fragmented.

In melee, the Kushan was fighting with 1 base against the Sassanid LH. The Kushan gets a + POA for sword and +POA for better armor but a - POA for fighting in two directions. Would the Kushan add another + POA for two better armor to give the Kushan a net ++ POA or would he fight at a net + POA?

We fought at a net + POA hitting on 4s against the LH. In the end it did not matter as the Sassanid Cataphracts scored 3 hits in melee and the Kushans broke but just wanted to see how others saw this.

AAR with pictures coming later this morning (7 AM here).
Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: POA Question

Post by petedalby »

Hi Chris - I think you did it right. You only get a single + POA for better armour irrespective of how many levels of difference. 2 levels of difference are required to take you to a double plus POA.

Please note correct spelling of armour. :)
Pete
berthier

Re: POA Question

Post by berthier »

I general use the Queen's spelling but spellcheck reverts to American.

Thanks for the reply.
Christopher Anders
2023-2024 GCC Coordinator
http://bloodsandsteel.blogspot.com

Return to “Rules Questions”