Commanders

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Hobgoblin1977
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Commanders

Post by Hobgoblin1977 »

hi all, i am building a Principate Roman army from the 'Legions Triumphant' army book, for which i have the standard 'field commander' as my C in C, and 2 'troop commanders' as sub-commanders. the book book states that commanders should be depicted as auxiliary cavalry, however i was wondering if it would be permissable to have my C in C as auxiliary cavalry, but my sub commanders as foot command?
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Commanders

Post by philqw78 »

Yes
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
Hobgoblin1977

Post by Hobgoblin1977 »

cheers. i know we used to bend the rules a little in our warhammer 40000/epic 40000 games twenty odd years ago(when i last played) but wasn't sure how things stand these days...:)
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Should be is not bending anything. The only time where representation matters is if they can be on elephants
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby »

As Phil says - pretty much anything goes as the Commander is effectively a marker. Some players even use a 25mm figure so their Generals stand out from the 15mm crowd! Elephant mounted generals are a notable exception because of their special role in the game.
Pete
Hobgoblin1977

Post by Hobgoblin1977 »

oh...25mm would definitely stand out haha, as my romans are pendraken 10mm(i like the look of massed ranks)...:)

thanks for the help/advice..:)
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

In my Spartan 15mm army my generals are Ares (35mm), Herakles (30mm) and Medusa (25mm). So go with what looks good I suggest.

Return to “Rules Questions”