Uphill vs Portable defenses

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Uphill vs Portable defenses

Post by RSDPIT »

Hi trying to understand the advantage or otherwise of using my army's Portable defense ability Page 129

If a BG is positioned on a hill and deploys Portable defenses, when a Infantry BG attacks they are not effected by the portable defenses but defenders still get +1 for being uphill, however if a Cavalry BG attacks, it is now, not only attacking uphill so defenders get +1 but negotiating Portable defenses, so logically the defenders should get another +1 for defending fortifications, am i reading that correctly?
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Uphill vs Portable defenses

Post by petedalby »

If a BG is positioned on a hill and deploys Portable defenses, when a Infantry BG attacks they are not effected by the portable defenses but defenders still get +1 for being uphill, however if a Cavalry BG attacks, it is now, not only attacking uphill so defenders get +1 but negotiating Portable defenses, so logically the defenders should get another +1 for defending fortifications, am i reading that correctly?
Yes.

Lancer Cav vs MF LB in the open - Cav are on + +
Lancer Cav vs MF LB in the open but behind PDs - MF are on a +
Lancer Cav vs MF LB uphil on a gentle hill - Cav are on a +
Lancer Cav vs MF LB uphill and behind PDs - MF are on a + +

Just out of interest...we're not talking about your army for Roll Call are we? If we are please PM me.
Pete
RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RSDPIT »

Thanks for that, no mine definitely not, as far as I can tell none of the armies allowed in Roll call will be able to take advantage of pointy things to upset the natural order of Cavalry lances riding Willy-Nilly over MF :-)
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Super - just worried I'd missed something.
Pete

Return to “Rules Questions”