Ambush vs Concealed

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

RSDPIT
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Ambush vs Concealed

Post by RSDPIT »

Just looking for some clarity in wording, there are situations where terrain conceals (or potentially conceals) or the terrain feature it self hides troops, normally light foot but sometimes other troops.

In deployment, if they are technically concealed are they still deployed visibly? albeit within the ordinary deployment areas boundaries, or the deployed position just marked as their location?

I understand the ambush rules with troops forward on the flank, however what happens to troops in other areas, behind hills, plantations etc. that give no extra advantage in deployment depth as in an ambush.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Ambush vs Concealed

Post by philqw78 »

RSDPIT wrote:Just looking for some clarity in wording, there are situations where terrain conceals (or potentially conceals) or the terrain feature it self hides troops, normally light foot but sometimes other troops.

In deployment, if they are technically concealed are they still deployed visibly? albeit within the ordinary deployment areas boundaries, or the deployed position just marked as their location?

I understand the ambush rules with troops forward on the flank, however what happens to troops in other areas, behind hills, plantations etc. that give no extra advantage in deployment depth as in an ambush.
If they are not in ambush they are deployed ON TABLE. The enemy is considered to know where they are (even though they will have to get closer to see and then shoot/charge them)
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!

Return to “Rules Questions”