Lost campaign

urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Lost campaign

Post by urkki63 »

I created a very basic scenario in the editor, saved it (Imjin war campaign I think) just to see how it all works. Didn´t work very well. Ming in crisis campaign is gone, I now have 2 Imjin Campaigns and my trial scenario is a total no show. Seems I really outdid myself this time. I know I just pushed a few wrong buttons on the way but I thought I better ask before starting to mess with the files. I really don´t want to lose the whole Ming campaign.

Could there be something wrong with the scenario hence the no show? It has no generals, no AI dialogue, no standing orders etc. just a few troops from various nations and campaigns facing each other on a barren plain.

Henry
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Lost campaign

Post by rbodleyscott »

Where are you looking for the Ming in Crisis campaign? It is skirmish only, so should only appear in Skirmish. So perhaps it has not disappeared.

If you cloned the Imjin War campaign, the second listed Imjin War campaign is probably your campaign.

Look in /My Documents/My Games/SJIDAI/Campaigns, you should find your campaign folder there.

In Text1.txt in your campaign folder, change

IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"Imjin War",

to

IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"My Campaign Name",
Richard Bodley Scott

urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urkki63 »

Richard,

Followed your instructors and yes, my campaign did indeed show up. Only that there was 2 Sengoku Jidai campaigns (?!?) now and the battle I had designed was nowhere to be found. Anywhere. Got tired of this and knowing that Ming in crisis was safe after all deleted everything and created a new battle and it played just fine.

Is there a practical way to move troop types from an another campaign into your "main campaign"? Or do I have to create new units from scratch? I needed skirmishing foot bow and light horse archers (in some earlier periods the Japanese did historically have them) in my scenario and the SJ Japanese had none. The Imjin war Ming did and the mess war ready.. Can I just copy & paste them from one campaign folder to another?

Thanks as always,

Henry

PS. Not that it makes any difference, but are you guys sure its ASHIgaru, not ASIgaru? Both are probably technically correct but ASI sounds somewhat more like the real thing to me. Asi/ashi = foot.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

urkki63 wrote:Is there a practical way to move troop types from an another campaign into your "main campaign"? Or do I have to create new units from scratch? I needed skirmishing foot bow and light horse archers (in some earlier periods the Japanese did historically have them) in my scenario and the SJ Japanese had none. The Imjin war Ming did and the mess war ready. Can I just copy & paste them from one campaign folder to another?
You can copy the Squads.csv file and then tinker with that.

In custom campaigns they go in the main campaign folder and not in a /Data subfolder.
PS. Not that it makes any difference, but are you guys sure its ASHIgaru, not ASIgaru? Both are probably technically correct but ASI sounds somewhat more like the real thing to me. Asi/ashi = foot.
Mostly I see them called Ashigaru.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashigaru
Followed your instructors and yes, my campaign did indeed show up. Only that there was 2 Sengoku Jidai campaigns (?!?) now and the battle I had designed was nowhere to be found.
You may have mis-edited IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME, so the program used the default version instead.

The program defaults to showing all scenarios in custom campaigns. However, as you cloned the campaign, it will have contained the Campaign.txt file from the vanilla campaign. This defines the scenarios in the campaign.

e.g.

[Chungju]
[Chungju1]
[Imjin]
[Imjin1]
[Pyeongyang]
[Byeokjegwan]
[Byeokjegwan1]
[Chiksan]
[Chiksan1]

With that list present, the engine won't show any scenarios with other names. So you just need to delete them and replace them with the filename of your campaign (without the extension) in square brackets.
Richard Bodley Scott

urkki63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urkki63 »

You can copy the Squads.csv file and then tinker with that.

In custom campaigns they go in the main campaign folder and not in a /Data subfolder.
Excellent. Will try that next.
Mostly I see them called Ashigaru.
Ashigaru is technically correct but the standard transliteration is not necessarily the best. It regularly produces gibberish the Japanese find very confusing. The standard English pronunciation of "Tokyo", for example, is often incomprehensible to many (if not most) Japanese and "iTokyo" is not a difficult word. If only thedictionaries were more useful.

But it really doesn´t matter, SJ is a game, not a dictinary. Just caught my eye.
The program defaults to showing all scenarios in custom campaigns. However, as you cloned the campaign, it will have contained the Campaign.txt file from the vanilla campaign. This defines the scenarios in the campaign.
Good to know.

Thanks again

henry

Return to “Scenario Design”