Where is the artillery in the editor?

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Where is the artillery in the editor?

Post by Paul59 »

Hi all,

Just got SJ and I am having a tinker around with it. I have one little question so far, in the editor I can find no trace of the artillery apart from the Light Taiho(?), where do I find the heavier guns?

Cheers
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Where is the artillery in the editor?

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote:Hi all,

Just got SJ and I am having a tinker around with it. I have one little question so far, in the editor I can find no trace of the artillery apart from the Light Taiho(?), where do I find the heavier guns?
Because there are so many variant units in the Japanese Sengoku Jidai squads file (to allow armies consisting of more than one clan, each showing the right colours) we did not have room left in the squads file for the other nations.

Therefore, all the "campaigns" that include non-Japanese troops use a different squads file. This is the squads file you need to use for everything except Japanese Sengoku Jidai battles.

So if you want to access the non-Japanese units, you need to make a clone of \6MingCrisis (for example) and then open that in the editor. You will then see all of the available units (but will only have access to one set of Japanese units).

The Genko campaign also has its own squads file.
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Thanks Richard.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Squads files have no heavy guns for Japanese.

Return to “Scenario Design”