Issues uploading turn to the server

stegg88
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Issues uploading turn to the server

Post by stegg88 »

Hi there

I came here as I noticed on the steam support page that its easier to just post here so, here I am.

I have been playing sengoku jidai recently and whenever I finish my turn online, I am having serious issues. I previously posted over in sengoku jidai, thought the issues were temporary but the problems are back. Whenever I try to upload my turn it just times out constantly to the point its almost unplayable.

I really enjoy this game and was hoping if there is a solution. Just some extra info (no idea if it makes a difference)

The person I have the most of these server issues with is in France, I am in Thailand. I have had to replay and cancel so many of our turns due to this issue. I spent 90 mins today trying to upload to no avail.

Some other pieces of this puzzle I feel may be of use, I can play games like CIV V online with zero lag issues (So I dont think it's weak internet). I also find the slitherine.com website SUPER slow when I try to load any page. (Other websites are of course instantaneous)

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

And again, thanks for an awesome game!

Happy holidays (and sorry to bother you during this period folks)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issues uploading turn to the server

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If you are finding the connection to the main site slow then that would certainly explain issues uploading turns. The first thing I would try is dropping your ISP a line and asking them to look at the routing that connections are taking, it is common for specific routes to have issues that ISPs can easily fix.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
stegg88

Post by stegg88 »

Thanks for the swift reply.

So, I came to Thailand to study Thai language, however I live in a cheap dormitory. I have no idea who my ISP could possibly be and my language abilities ain't quite there yet. Do you have any other suggestions at all? I was tempted to run a VPN but I am not sure how steam takes to users using VPN's (I believe although don't quote me that it may be against their TOS). would that even help at all if steam didn't mind?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I don't have any suggestions that I think would help, sorry!

If you can send support an email with your IP address then our server team might be able to trace the route, but it is a long shot.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Sat 3rd Noc.
Having problems uploading game turns to the Server and the Forums are very, very slow at loading. I had to crash out of an SJ games as instructed by the server as it would not upload the turn.
There was a similar problem a few days ago to.
Thanks
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

KiwiWarlord wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 pm Sat 3rd Noc.
Having problems uploading game turns to the Server and the Forums are very, very slow at loading. I had to crash out of an SJ games as instructed by the server as it would not upload the turn.
There was a similar problem a few days ago to.
Thanks
The server recently came under attack from a DDOS attack by persons unknown. It appears to be working normally now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”