Troubleshooting Live Streaming Issues for Sengoku Jidai

kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Troubleshooting Live Streaming Issues for Sengoku Jidai

Post by kongxinga »

I thought I might do some live streams of Sengoku Jidai games. I am using the OBS software. Long story short, I can't seem to capture the image, resulting in me recording a black screen, although I have captured the Audio.

I haven't done any real troubleshooting yet but.

1. What may be causing this is a conflict which prevents capture of the image. Usually this is a badly setup laptop GPU issue, but is not likely on my side.
2. I can stream other games well (Dominions 4 for example)

I know the PR people around here have streamed this game successfully, but are there specific steps I need to do to get live streaming up on OBS software? Perhaps to resolve some video capture conflict issue?
AgrippaMaxentius
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Troubleshooting Live Streaming Issues for Sengoku Jidai

Post by AgrippaMaxentius »

Greetings, Kevin Buster here (Slitherine PR Manager) OBS can be a frustrating program to work with, over here at Slitherine we use (XSplit) with which we may occasionally have issues but certainly not as many as OBS. What I recommend you do is try to do a (Display capture) and make sure Sengoku Jidai is full screened. I use OBS at home for streaming, and I often experience similar issues with many games, display or (screen capture) are your best options, it may simply be that OBS doesn't recognize Sengoku Jidai as a game. I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to follow up. I highly doubt this is any sort of GPU issue.

Kind Regards, Kevin Buster
A strategy wargamer and youtube director, if Strategy and Voice-Roleplay is your thing, make a quick stop by the channel. Thank you, and keep up the fight Herr General! https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius
kongxinga

Post by kongxinga »

Hi Agrippa/Kevin,

Thanks for the tips, display capture does seem to work and capture Sengoku Jidai's video. From what I am reading, several games (both Slitherine and non Slitherine) conflict with the way OBS is capturing image (I have several other games that don't seem to work) which means that the image gets sent somewhere else so OBS gets a blank screen. Cheers!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

SJ uses a pretty vanilla DX9 implementation, so not sure what is happening. Have you tried running in a window (if at the same rez as your desktop it will LOOK the same as fullscreen).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Tech Support”