Genko Campaign Units Bug

Ratstranger
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Genko Campaign Units Bug

Post by Ratstranger »

Hello. I bought both Genko campaign DLSs recently and tried to play some skirmish games. But I found some unpleasant things.

Some Japanese units are called Mounted Yari Samurai, and they are clearly no samurai at all.

What's worse:

It looks like this units have no models for them. They just look like this. I thought that game files are corrupted somehow, but file verification didn't solve the issue.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Genko Campaign Units Bug

Post by rbodleyscott »

We will investigate this issue and correct it in the next update but one. (The next update has already gone to production).
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

We have found the reason for the incorrect unit names (some missing strings in the Genko text files, so that strings from the default set were used instead), and for the 800 man raw naginata unit having no texture (a typo in the texture name).

However we are unable to reproduce the other missing textures with the current build.

Can you identify what the other two units are? (Number of men, Troop type, Quality, Weapon capabilities)?

Can you tell us which version of the game you are using? Have you got the latest build (v1.2.9). You can see by going into options and looking at the top left hand corner of the screen.

I am fairly sure that the other missing textures (apart from the one belonging to the 800 Raw Naginata Warriors) are due to you having an earlier version of the main build (v1.2.8 or earlier). So you have the v1.2.9 updated version of the Genko campaign, but you don't have all of the new textures which were added to the Genko folders in the main build in v1.2.9.

So you should update to the latest version of the game (currently 1.2.9) which should cure all but 1 of the missing textures, and the other issues will be cured in a patch ASAP.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Richard Bodley Scott

Ratstranger

Post by Ratstranger »

Thank you for the quick response!

Affected units are 4 ones in the right column on my first screen below Yumi Samurai: Raw Naginata Ashigaru 500 and 800 and Raw Yumi Ashigaru 500 and 800. All except Raw Naginata Ashigaru 500 are missing textures.

However I'm using steam version of the game, so it should update automatically, and it's showing me what I have 1.29 version of the game. I already tried to verify cache, and it didn't work. I guess I could try to reinstall the game entirely.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Ratstranger wrote:Thank you for the quick response!

Affected units are 4 ones in the right column on my first screen below Yumi Samurai: Raw Naginata Ashigaru 500 and 800 and Raw Yumi Ashigaru 500 and 800. All except Raw Naginata Ashigaru 500 are missing textures.

However I'm using steam version of the game, so it should update automatically, and it's showing me what I have 1.29 version of the game. I already tried to verify cache, and it didn't work. I guess I could try to reinstall the game entirely.
Ah, I had not tried the STEAM version and on testing that, I also have the three missing textures. Further investigation will therefore be required....
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

We have identified and resolved the causes of the issue, and will incorporate the fixes in a patch as soon as possible after the upcoming v.1.3.0
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”