Generals leading reinforcements

Gribeauval
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Generals leading reinforcements

Post by Gribeauval »

Hello,
I'm playing with the 128 version of the game.

i'm playing Kawanakajima as Uesugi.

The reinforcements lead by Naoe Kagetsuna have arrived.
Naoe Kagetsuna is attached to one of the units, but there isn't any general icon to show his presence.
I have a saved game, but I can't find the directory where are stored the saved games ....

I have also played a campaign.
During a battle, I have received reinforcements.
These reinforcements were not attached to a general (not even to the commander in chief).
I don't know if it is a bug or if it is a feature of the game ( ie : the commander of these reinforcements is still far from the battlefield and will arrive later when the fight will be finished).
I don't have any saved game.

Thanks for this excellent game.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Generals leading reinforcements

Post by rbodleyscott »

Thanks for these reports.

You will find saved games in

/My documents/My Games/SJIDAI/SAVES

The saves are the .LSF files, although there is no easy way of identifying which is which except by the date and time. They are listed in reverse chronological order inside the game.
Richard Bodley Scott

Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

Here is the saved game.
Attachments
8.zip
(170.96 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

I loaded in your saved game, and on my system Naoe Kagetsuna has a general icon.

However, all the open ground is covered in green spots, which is very weird.
Richard Bodley Scott

Gribeauval

Post by Gribeauval »

I have checked and you are right : I have reopened my saved game and the general icon appears.

But I'm 100% sure that there was no general icon when the reinforcements came on the map.
I believe also that these reinforcements didn't have any icon : there wasn't any spear icon for instance (but I'm not sure).

I don't understand your remark about the surrounding terrain : all is okay for me. It looks as usual.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Gribeauval wrote:I have checked and you are right : I have reopened my saved game and the general icon appears.

But I'm 100% sure that there was no general icon when the reinforcements came on the map.
I believe also that these reinforcements didn't have any icon : there wasn't any spear icon for instance (but I'm not sure).
I think you have in fact discovered a bug. In order for the icons to be displayed, they have to be set as displayed, and it appears that this is not coded in the scenario script to occur when the reinforcements appear. (Of course, when the scenarios were scripted there were no such icons, so please bear with us).

We will have to look through the scenarios and explicitly code it.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”