Error-Setting Path for Deluxe DLC Pack

Trisztessa
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Error-Setting Path for Deluxe DLC Pack

Post by Trisztessa »

Hello
so i bought today the Deluxe DLC PAck for Sengoku Jiday all ok but
as i Install the Pack i dont have the Option to set my Installations Path E.G my Path is not C:blabla blup'' no is HD E:
Programm Smash all to C and Game dont check the DLC!
sorry my bad Englisch:)
will you please fix this and ty from Swiss
Daniel :?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error-Setting Path for Deluxe DLC Pack

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Are you installing the DLC onto an existing install of Jidai, or is this to install the full game as well?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Trisztessa

Post by Trisztessa »

1 Day bevor i installed the non dlc game to my harddrive e: wich is external and today i liked the game so much i buyed the dlc pack, if u install the pack it gives u no Chance to set the needed path. Installs it to C: and Amen xD
:shock:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If you already have the base game installed then the installer will find it and install to the correct folder. So no need to select.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Trisztessa

Post by Trisztessa »

Not Correct!
the Campaigns are unlocked yes also in HD E i saw
ok but all the PDF this 3 ones he does to Drive C: and the Installer selected Path is C and the User cant cange it ! So the 3 Pdfs are not unlocked in main Game ^^
Lucky with the steam key in the steam Version it works allright but not in the
DRM Free Version i get from Slitherine !
it will be nice if the Programmers will fix this
Thx
Cheers Daniel
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by jack54 »

I can verify that the DLC upgrade installs the 3 PDF files to the default C: Programs x86/ Slitherine/Sungoku Jidai/ PDF books folder regardless of a custom game install. (I'm using Windows 8.1).

The Game updated fine over my initial install to C:Slitherine/ and All DLC seems OK; only the PDF's failed to follow the custom path.

If you manually move the PDF Books folder to the Sengoku Jidai directory it will work from the launch screen.
Doombat2000
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Doombat2000 »

I am running Windows 10 and have Sengoku loaded on a E: drive. As stated above, the Deluxe DLC Pack did load and the campaign game is available. However, the PDF files cannot be found. No folder under the default C:\Program Files (x86) was created. Is there another way to obtain the PDF files?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

All the manuals will be in the game main installation folder inside a subfolder named "Manuals".
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Doombat,

Sorry, but the FoG books are found in the game install folder, so you need to browse for this. Then once you've found the game folder look for a subfolder "PDF Books" and this contains the FoG Books.
Doombat2000

Post by Doombat2000 »

Thanks, I found the PDF Books folder and the folder contains 3 PDF files for FoG:
  • Rules
    Colonies & Conquest
    Empires of the Dragon
All three DPF files are dated 12 April 2016. But there are no PDFs addressing the Deluxe DLC. Are there more current PDFs that should be loaded with the Deluxe DLC?

Second, I now notice that on the main game menu, the links to the PDF books and manual do not work. Is this caused by the Deluxe DLC set-up?
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello Doombat,

If you don't have a separate folder for the DLC in Program Files the the PDF Books are found in your E drive folder, then this all looks to be setup correctly. However I'm slightly confused as to your reference to the PDFs addressing the DLC. The DLC which unlocks content in SJ is two new campaigns and some skirmishes/new armies, so as this all works in the same way as the base game then there is no separate manual. Is the issue that you were expecting a DLC manual? If so, then unfortunately there is no such manual.

Regarding the links on the autorun menu, are you running the game in Windows 10? If so, then unfortunately this is an issue with Win 10 where this only works if you set Edge as the default PDF viewer. However as mentioned the files are found in the game folder (Manuals subfolder for Manuals and PDF Books for the FoG books) so you can browse for these and open them manually if you use Adobe as your default viewer. I hope this clears up the confusion.
bobarossa
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by bobarossa »

Similar to the OP I installed Sengoku Jidai to a non-default location. I then tried to install the Mandate of Heaven DLC and it does not give an option to change the install folder and claims it is installing to the default location. I run the install anyway and it finishes (seemingly) instantly. The Mandate campaigns appear to be unlocked now but there is no manuals in the non-default install location and none at the default location either. I assumed there would be something installed to describe the new campaigns (and given the DLC was not a trivial size).
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

bobarossa wrote:I assumed there would be something installed to describe the new campaigns (and given the DLC was not a trivial size).
There is no separate manual describing the new campaigns. The campaign description is shown when you select the campaign in the campaigns menu.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Tech Support”