I am glad to share my small modification for this great game.
Some pics first:
Another day I started new game on Hard as Humans... and found out that Human Corvette and Freighter hulls has very small internal space. As a mediocre player, I'm really struggling making some worthy strike ship - it has very short ranged or is underpowered, comparing to other races' Corvettes. Cargo and engines space on Freighter is also very small, seriously limiting this class of ships. Of course, you can try to skip Corvette and rush to Frigate hull research, but this awful Freighter will be with you all the game long...
Something needs to be done here. Thankfully, modding this game is easy. =)
- adds some cargo, weapon and engine cells to Human Corvette and Freighter ship hulls, making these ship types more useful and easier to design;
- does not remove any existing cells or change weapon/engine cells to other types, so this mod should not break any of existing ship designs and savegames;
- by adding some engines cells to Freighter increases maximum amount of Dual TRE engines from 1 to 6, thus greatly increasing potential speed of your Scouts, Colonizers, Tankers, etc. Dual TRE is starting Human technology by default, and I felt it has very small use in vanilla hulls;
- makes game easier for inexperienced players picking Humans race.
Just copy line above, paste in your browser address bar and hit "Enter".
Sorry, as new user on this forum, I can't add URLs to my posts.
Mod installation instructions:
- Create directory for mods in your game folder (if you have no mods installed yet). For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Polaris Sector\Mods\.
- Unzip contents of downloaded archive to your mods folder.
- Add in file C:\Users\%USER%\Documents\My Games\Polaris Sector\REMEMBER.CFG as second string (after "Locale") path to your mods folder, for example:
- Run game and have fun. =)
- Nomada_Firefox, for his modding tutorial;
- developers of Polaris Sector, for awesome game!
Any feedback is appreciated.