More robust campaign system

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
Gilmer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

More robust campaign system

Post by Gilmer »

Honestly, the campign system for all of these games seems lacking to me. The games are fun. I have Pike and Shot Campaigns and Sengoku (Just bought and played several battles and one campaign). I played the campaign set during the time of Oda Nobunaga and he was fighting against Takeda, I believe. We had something like 3 battles and it was over.

If anyone programmed a much more robust campaign for either of these, I'd consider this a gem. I am very close to getting Field of Glory 2. Because of the different armies. I just hope someone designs a better campaign system.

Games and battles I have played across Sengoku and Pike and Shot Campaigns.

1. Gempei Campaign ? Oda campaign.

2. All of the tutorials.

3. Tried Pike and shot campaigns campaigns.

4. Also, played a little of the English Civil War campaign.

5. Vienna 1683 - player made (I was for some reason on top difficulty the first time and lost the battle 64% to 62%. It went down to the last turn. Second battle i put it to the middle difficulty? I won very convincingly. I was a little incredulous that Tatar light cavalry were on par with Polish Winged Hussars. The Winged Hussars had no peer during that time. Tatars I am pretty sure were light skirmish cavalry, but in head to head battles in the game, they were an even match.

6. Battle of 1st Bull Run, I believe. That was fun too.

My REAL forum name is Gilmer.
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: More robust campaign system

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Only 3 battles is very short. I've never had a campaign that short. Usually I have quite a few battles with back & forth tide of war from winning & losing battles.

Oda Nobunaga is in the Tenka Fubu and Sengoku campaigns. Which one did you try?
The Gempei Kassen is the famous ancient war between Taira and Minamoto.
Be careful in battle with all your units cause the computer will cunningly pin units with frontal attacks and then slam into them with flank & rear attacks that are devastating.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Tenka Fubu is really meant to be short.
Panzerpimp
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Panzerpimp »

GiveWarAchance wrote:Only 3 battles is very short. I've never had a campaign that short.
I had a very short campaign in Pike & Shot once. I played against Scottish Covenanters. (Tried to recreate the Bishops' Wars)
3 battles and It was over. I won. In Sengoku Jidai my camapigns tend to be much longer.
Make love, not war.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”