New Gempei War Campaign available

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

New Gempei War Campaign available

Post by Paul59 »

My new Gempei war campaign is now available to download through the game. Just start Sengoku Jidai and you will see the "Historical" button pulsing. Click on it and then click on the pulsing "Download" button, you will then see a screen listing the available scenarios, click on Gempei War and download it. It should automatically install in the right location in your files, and will be available to play from the Campaigns list.

This is my own version of the standard Gempei Kassen campaign that came with the DLC. I have called it "Gempei War" to distinguish it from the original campaign.

It is identical to the standard campaign, apart from the following changes;

1) There are no Honjin in this campaign. My understanding of the Gempei War suggests that at this time the generals lead from the front seeking honourable opponents for a challenge, rather than sitting at the rear directing the army.

2) Also I have given the Taira and Minamoto slightly different troop types from the standard game;

Samurai with Followers – Samurai fighting on foot or mounted accompanied by their followers. This is therefore a mixed unit; 33% Bow and Swordsmen Samurai, and 67% Heavy weapon armed followers.

Followers – Lower class followers of samurai operating independantly.

Ji-Samurai – Poor samurai foot soldiers with polearms.

Conscripts – Poorly armed and motivated conscript foot soldiers.

Mounted Yumi Samurai – these are the same as the standard game troop type

3) I have also modified the 3D graphical files to (hopefully!) better represent the warriors of the 12th century.

You do need to have purchased the Gempei Kassen DLC to be able to play this campaign.

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: New Gempei War Campaign available

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Paul59 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 pm
Hey Paul, would I need to do anything other than copy the whole directory into my MP folder to play this MP? I really like this army list.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:21 am
Paul59 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 pm
Hey Paul, would I need to do anything other than copy the whole directory into my MP folder to play this MP? I really like this army list.
Hi Snuggles,

I know that works in Battle Academy 2, so I imagine it would work in SJ too. If it doesn't, let me know and I will create an MP version.

Cheers
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Paul59 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:43 am
So it does seem to work, the only weird thing is that it launches the campaign when you create the mp challenge. I imagine there is just a line or file that needs to be removed?
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:10 pm
Paul59 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:43 am
So it does seem to work, the only weird thing is that it launches the campaign when you create the mp challenge. I imagine there is just a line or file that needs to be removed?

Ah yes. I forgot that this is a campaign, and not a scenario!

What you need to do is open the 9Z6GEMPEIWAR folder that you pasted into your MULTIPLAYER folder, open the DATA folder, and delete the SCRIPTS and UI folders. They contain all the stuff that the game needs to run this as a campaign, you don't want it for MP.

Also delete the CAMPAIGN.BSF and CAMPAIGN.REZ from the 9Z6GEMPEIWAR folder.

That should do the trick.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Paul59 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:27 pm
Excellent Paul, thank you. Though might I suggest adding it as an official DL anyway for those who are unlikely to dig into the forums? ;)

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Or if you preferred I could just submit it under your name?

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

SnuggleBunnies wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:20 pm
Or if you preferred I could just submit it under your name?
Yes, go ahead, that would be great.

Does it work as an MP mod now?

FOGII TT Mod Creator

SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Paul59 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm Does it work as an MP mod now?
Geffalrus and I are testing now. One minor change to your instructions - deleting CAMPAIGN.REZ resulted in the challenge being an 'Unknown Custom Scenario,' so I kept that file in. So far, so good...

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”