Japanese Green Terrain Set now available

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Japanese Green Terrain Set now available

Post by Paul59 »

I've put my latest alternative terrain set available for download through the Modders Corner Forum.

It is the Pike and Shot Southern Europe Terrain recoloured to give a bright green colour, hopefully more reminiscent of Japan. Also the base tiles have been altered in my graphics editor, using a special effect to give a more textured appearance.

I have also modified the Objects Textures files slightly to give more vibrant colours to the trees. This set is different to the previous versions that I have posted, as it also has the texturing effect that I have applied to the base tiles, to give a more detailed look to the trees.

I hope you like it.

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
jack54
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Japanese Green Terrain Set now available

Post by jack54 »

Thanks Paul a great idea. Thanks for sharing all your mods.

Someday I have to sit down and see if I can get them to work with JSGME mod enabler. It would make it easy to switch back and forth.(Folder set ups have to be exact)
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Last edited by GiveWarAchance on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

I prefer the orange.
Almost convinced by the green: the buildings seem not very natural, moreover the bridge on the screnshot.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

ERISS wrote:I prefer the orange.
Almost convinced by the green: the buildings seem not very natural, moreover the bridge on the screnshot.
Yes, the buildings and trees have been enhanced a bit with the intention to improve them, especially the trees. However, they might not be to everyone's taste. The good news is that the Buildings/Trees texture file is separate to the base tiles, so if you don't like them you can just use the original building/tree textures. I have included the original Texture files in the download in case you want to revert back to them, I explained this on the original download page. Alternatively, you can use the Buildings/Trees Textures that came with the Anegawa terrain download.

Personally, I think you are right about the bridge, it has had the same amount of contrast enhancement as the rest of the objects, but looks much worse. Perhaps I will release an amended Buildings/Trees texture file with the bridge in it's original state.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Last edited by GiveWarAchance on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Buildings are badly included on the map: there is bad aliasing on their borders, black for the bridge, white for the houses.
Seems they lack a transparent channel.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

ERISS wrote:Buildings are badly included on the map: there is bad aliasing on their borders, black for the bridge, white for the houses.
Seems they lack a transparent channel.
OK, my poor old eyes must be really knackered, apart from the bridge I'm not seeing any problem with the other buildings myself. Perhaps you can help me out, here are two more screenshots of exactly the same scene;

The first is the new base tiles with the original buildings/tree textures;

and this is the base tiles with the enhanced trees, but buildings/trees unaltered;

Which do you prefer? Where is the problem, is it with the building textures themselves or the new base tiles?

Cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Yours seems slightly better! It must be that they are not intended for a zoom, as your first OP picture is zoomed and showing some bad buildings for me Edit: I mean mainly their borders, they seem some like cut photos paper glue in the country.
Maybe your other orange background was hidding that, or the buildings melt better in.
Last edited by ErissN6 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GiveWarAchance

Post by GiveWarAchance »

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”