Mongols

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Mongols

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Have had a game or two using Mongols and find that they are always heavily outnumbered and fare badly.
Others out there had the same?
Any ideas why?
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Mongols

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

The later western mongols get some supporting infantry, which is extremely helpful. Otherwise, their small, expensive armies really only have a decent chance (at least against humans) on the steppes map type, where there is little terrain for enemy infantry to hide on.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

SnuggleBunnies wrote:. Otherwise, their small, expensive armies really only have a decent chance (at least against humans) on the steppes map type, where there is little terrain for enemy infantry to hide on.
So the Mongols are well over priced ??
Jomni can you help out here ?
SnuggleBunnies

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Well, infantry is cheap, cavalry is expensive, and most of their armies are all cavalry.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
MaxDamage
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MaxDamage »

I m playing the random multiplayer skirmishes.

I ve got two games with shooty ming vs the mongols and the other cavalry faction. Yellow colored rebels.

I have to say i feel bad for my opponents, their armies are disrupted and fragmented before they make contact.

I m no expert but i think that the cav armies (even with a lot of superior troops like the mongols) deserve a ~20-25% price discount all across the board easily. And even then, maybe slightly more buffs.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”