Sengoku is a good strategy game all war gamers should have

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
GiveWarAchance
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Sengoku is a good strategy game all war gamers should have

Post by GiveWarAchance »

I just bought Sengoku and the expansions as a Christmas present to myself.
It was as good as I expected.

I like how the game has traditional Japanese artwork as its graphics and the music matches, especially the song that sounds like a dull saw trying to cut through wood which is my favorite.
This game is like traditional wargaming coupled with sophisticated modern calculations and combat rules.
There are tons of different army lists and various campaigns even including China, Korea and Mongol invasions which must have taken the developers enormous amounts of time to make so the game has a lot of value.
The fighting is best part with very deep tactical value. Few computer games actually exercise players' brains and this is one of them that does it similar to the Tin Soldiers games which I also recommend.
I got beat up by the clever AI for many battles until I was able to figure out how to defeat the huge oppressive Oda field army that is always slapping me around like a 8th grade gomer.
When I started winning big battles, it was quite satisfying and took me a long time to work my way through the brutal fights as both sides struggled to produce deadly breakthroughs and roll up the opposition.

Please keep adding more to this nice game. I will try multiplayer too some time too.

Two things I would like added to the game:
1) Koto and Noh music to extend the soundtrack.
2) I'd like to see active 3rd party clans in the campaign like in other Sengoku era games. So both the Oda and anti-oda teams would also have to contend with other daimyos on their own program of expansion like Hojo and Mori and Asai and Chosokabe etc trying to expand out from their home provinces.

Everyone should get this game and all the DLC stuff for a fun game and to support a good company.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Re: Sengoku is a good strategy game all war gamers should ha

Post by jomni »

Thanks.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

However the game is made for big dev' monitors. You must have the common monitor for which the game is optimised. If you have a smaller one, the game losses its graphic artwork, units and fonts become too small.
So, I don't play anymore.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

What size do you have and what resolution?
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

jomni wrote:What size do you have and what resolution?
21.5" monitor with 1920x1080 screen, so I use Windows with 144 DPI (150%)
Yes, I have to try playing in 1600x900, like I do in Ageod games with my own modded fonts.
But I don't know if we can mod the Sengoku fonts.

However, I don't find the game very pleasing for me, it must come from the rules of miniatures game, that I find not very adapted to a computer game.
So, this with tiny units and fonts: I had stop.
But I'll try again.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

Yes, playing in 1600x900, rather than my natural 1920x1080 monitor resolution, was better. It was easier to see the differences between the troops.
So I tested in 1366x768, and the game was at last confortable, despite being blurry with the resolution.
It was almost like the 5mm troops went 28mm scale.
Or you should write bigger the fonts of bought troops, and too make bigger the units on the battlefield.
I usually never change the resolution of monitor for a game (and I played hundreds, if not a thousand pc games), it's only for this and Ageod engine (and few Paradox games, but I no longer play as they have became Gabe property).

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”