Units not attached to a general

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
Gribeauval
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Units not attached to a general

Post by Gribeauval »

I have bought the "Mandate of Heaven" extension.
I have played a battle with a Qing army and I have discovered that some units were not attached to any general. They didn't suffer from CandC limitations.
These units were artillery, light cavalry units and foot skirmishers.
I have never noticed this fact with the japanese armies. Is this normal ? Does it depict the ability of light troops to do Reconnaissance in front of the main force ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Units not attached to a general

Post by rbodleyscott »

Gribeauval wrote:I have bought the "Mandate of Heaven" extension.
I have played a battle with a Qing army and I have discovered that some units were not attached to any general. They didn't suffer from CandC limitations.
These units were artillery, light cavalry units and foot skirmishers.
I have never noticed this fact with the japanese armies. Is this normal ? Does it depict the ability of light troops to do Reconnaissance in front of the main force ?
They are not attached to a general, but they can still get C&C from a sub-general or C-in-C (not from an ally-general) when in range.

They do still lose C&C when out of range of a valid general.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”