Generals

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
Gribeauval
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Generals

Post by Gribeauval »

Could you introduce generals that have not the ability to engage an enemy general in a duel in future versions of the game ? (a general like Wallenstein or Julius Caesar who was not a real fighter).

If you introduce generals in Pike and Shots, will you propose a patch or a DLC ? Will you be able to update some battles to include them ?

Regards.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Generals

Post by rbodleyscott »

Gribeauval wrote:Could you introduce generals that have not the ability to engage an enemy general in a duel in future versions of the game ? (a general like Wallenstein or Julius Caesar who was not a real fighter).

If you introduce generals in Pike and Shots, will you propose a patch or a DLC ? Will you be able to update some battles to include them ?
Other projects currently preclude allocating the development time required to add generals to Pike and Shot. It is certainly something we would like to do in the future when time permits.

I don't think we would put the Duel thing in P&S - it was something put in for Japanese warfare. Even without duels generals can die in combat.
Richard Bodley Scott

ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

rbodleyscott wrote:I don't think we would put the Duel thing in Pike&Shots - it was something put in for Japanese warfare.
Yeah, honor is far more important in SJ, you can't just shot someone equal status proposing you a duel in front of all your warriors: they'll lose permanently their morale (even for future battles) for being still loyal while losing their respect.
In P&S, the general proposing the duel in front of all your warriors, if you answer by shooting him your warriors will laugh, and you will just have a slightly worst reputation (but all generals had their good and bad habit, it's not that important).
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

The duel thing really boggled my mind at first, especially with inter-nation warfare. Are they not speaking different languages, or are we assuming eveyone speaks or at least reads Chinese(Hanzi education)? Plus many nations don't have that hand-to-hand combat == honor idea. And then I read a bit more on some Imjin war battles where the Japanese general actually charged at the Ming General and got a few blows off (being parried by the Ming General) before getting shot by an arrow by a nearby Ming General. So I assume some of the duels just can't be refused, since it represents the general beelining for the other general.

Did this ever happen in Europe? I don't think so but then again I haven't followed all the battles.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

As you said, there are many examples of dueling generals in Asia. Not sure about Europe at this time.
KiwiWarlord
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by KiwiWarlord »

I find the Duel Rating often hidden behind the other icons when the General has a long name and or an Ally General.
The Duel Rating is very important at times.....say no more.
Any chance of fixing this or maybe incorporate the Command and Duel Ratings in the Unit Info Tools Button ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Warlord wrote:Maybe incorporate the Command and Duel Ratings in the Unit Info Tools Button ?
That is a good idea. The problem with the other is that space on the unit UI panel is limited.
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

rbodleyscott wrote:
Warlord wrote:Maybe incorporate the Command and Duel Ratings in the Unit Info Tools Button ?
That is a good idea. The problem with the other is that space on the unit UI panel is limited.
Just a reminder for the next Patch RBS.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Warlord wrote:
rbodleyscott wrote:
Just a reminder for the next Patch RBS.
Thanks
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Just lost a general in a Duel as I did not know his Combat rating and charged in when I could have just pinned the enemy.
How far away is the next patch RBS ?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

KiwiWarlord wrote:Just lost a general in a Duel as I did not know his Combat rating and charged in when I could have just pinned the enemy.
How far away is the next patch RBS ?
There is none currently planned. We are too busy working on Field of Glory 2 stuff.
Richard Bodley Scott

KiwiWarlord

Post by KiwiWarlord »

Thanks RBS. Will have to refrain from rash charges with my Generals.

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”