Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun Features

Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun is a turn-based tactical and strategic game set during this turbulent time; primarily focusing on the Japanese Warring States period and Japanese Invasion of Korea. Other armies from East Asia are also made available to simulate different conflicts across the region.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun Features

Post by zakblood »

this isn't the place for beta questions
smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smjohnso77 »

Oh, please, please make an iPad download or make available for a extra fee like tercios some of these battles from the Samurai and Imjin Wars! I love Pike and Shot, but have a MAC computer of which you are not making the games available for so I exclusively play on iPad. You could make some money on this if you make these battles available on iPad. Let me test it on my iPad and let you know how it goes. I am more interested in the battles than the campaigns anyway. Thank you. Sincerely, Steven Johnson

Smjohnso77
sj72963@gmail.com
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

robertahyuk wrote:I have version 1.2.1 . Is that the newest beta version?
Yes. But as zakblood says, please take beta questions and discussions to the Beta section of the board.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

smjohnso77 wrote:Oh, please, please make an iPad download or make available for a extra fee like tercios some of these battles from the Samurai and Imjin Wars! I love Pike and Shot, but have a MAC computer of which you are not making the games available for so I exclusively play on iPad. You could make some money on this if you make these battles available on iPad. Let me test it on my iPad and let you know how it goes. I am more interested in the battles than the campaigns anyway. Thank you. Sincerely, Steven Johnson

Smjohnso77
sj72963@gmail.com
Our problem is that the engine is 32-bit and Apple no longer accept any submissions for 32-bit programs.
Richard Bodley Scott

Ragga
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ragga »

This game looks awesome!!!
Alma69
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alma69 »

Only old extremely easy to cheat and slow PBEM MP again, no online MP?
Will any of the new features get in to the Pike&Shot? Like generals for example?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Alma69 wrote:Only old extremely easy to cheat and slow PBEM MP again?
Easy to cheat? How? Do you mean by pulling the plug? That is monitored and a player would get banned for doing it repeatedly.

Also, of course, it's a game, there are no monetary prizes. The vast majority of people play in the intended spirit.
Will any of the new features get in to the Pike&Shot? Like generals for example?
Perhaps, when time permits.
Richard Bodley Scott

Alma69
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Alma69 »

Well, you don`t need to plug out comp, just alt+F4 will do the cheat job done and you can load game until you get better roll result for exmpl. But if is monitored somehow, I guess, is good enough. Good to hear that anyway.

What about live MP?
I suppose, you guys still insist on using ONLY the revolutionary easy to use 2 weeks long PBEM MP feature?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Alma69 wrote:Well, you don`t need to plug out comp, just alt+F4 will do the cheat job done and you can load game until you get better roll result for exmpl. But if is monitored somehow, I guess, is good enough. Good to hear that anyway.
The number of times turns are downloaded vs uploaded is monitored and if activity is deemed suspicious, the player will receive a warning initially, with banning as the ultimate sanction if the pattern persists.
What about live MP?
I suppose, you guys still insist on using ONLY the revolutionary easy to use 2 weeks long PBEM MP feature?
No plans for live MP at present. But really, it only takes two weeks if that is how at least one of the players wish to play. If you want to play a game "live" and you have an opponent willing to do so, you can do so using the PBEM++ system. You don't have to wait for email notifications to arrive (they are not part of the turn transmission process) - you can just leave the program open in the MP lobby and you will immediately see when your opponent has done his turn. (And of course you can play a turn against someone else while he is doing his turn).
Last edited by rbodleyscott on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Bodley Scott

smjohnso77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by smjohnso77 »

Please upload some historical samurai and Imjin War battles to Pike & Shot. For iPad. I would even pay extra for the battles. Or offer an iPad version of Pike & Shot with those battles that are another download for a price. Do you know how much money you guys are not getting by not making more of your games available on iPad and Mac. I am a History professor and EVERYONE has an Apple laptop and/or iPad! How hard could this be? Your stuff is available on the APP store for Apple products. Please, get some cool Samurai and Imjin War battles to Pike & Shot! Thank you!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Postby pipfromslitherine » 22 Feb 2016 16:42

There are no plans for an iPad release.

Cheers

Pip
sorry questions already been answered and replied to elsewhere so i just copied it and pasted it here
cromlechi
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by cromlechi »

Looks great, a definite buy from me :D
archita
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by archita »

I approve this project !

It's possible something on Genpei War in next DLC ?
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

Looks very promising....very much looking forward to it as a big Nippon and history fan.
Ragga

Post by Ragga »

Can someone let me in the BETA please.... :(

But seriously, either let me in or give me more 'data'... (short circuit - reference)
Huskie
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Huskie »

Can't wait, definitely looking forward to this when it is done
Rikstah
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Rikstah »

Literally registered just to tell the devs that they set out to make a strategy game and came up with some A grade crack!

Having so much fun with this game first Slitherine published game I've bought but won't be the last.
PantheraTigris
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by PantheraTigris »

I have both Battle Academys, most of the Panzer Corps stuff, and all of the Order of Battle stuff. This one is next on my list, no doubt about it. I'll be getting it soon.

I've never understood the need to cheat in pc games... I understand playing on lower difficulty, but the need to cheat is just alien to me.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Rikstah wrote:Literally registered just to tell the devs that they set out to make a strategy game and came up with some A grade crack!

Having so much fun with this game first Slitherine published game I've bought but won't be the last.
We're glad you enjoy the game :) welcome to the forum, Rikstah!

Return to “Sengoku Jidai: Shadow of the Shogun”