How about some news, Dev?

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

How about some news, Dev?

Post by solops »

This great game has always suffered from lack of news from the devs. So, how about it, what's going on? There is a lot of room in the game for improvements - game size, UI, AI, more races, ships, galaxy size, techs, etc.
Darvin3
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: How about some news, Dev?

Post by Darvin3 »

I'm not sure if we'll see anything more from Polaris Sector, but it would be nice if the Lumens race was brought up to a playable state. Currently their planetary AI is broken and keeps population controls active even when population needs to grow, meaning development comes to a screeching halt when production ends and the population needed to staff the building doesn't exist. Also they need food to feed alien populations they've conquered, but there's no UI to know how much food you need and how much production you have. These issues make the Lumens so micromanagement intensive as to be unplayable. Been getting back into Polaris Sector the past two weeks after setting it down for a few months, and the Lumens being unplayable is really grating on me because they're the only faction I haven't done an in-depth playthrough with.

Return to “Polaris Sector”