How exactly do you get fleets to warp in formation.

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
Fohcs
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

How exactly do you get fleets to warp in formation.

Post by Fohcs »

I have the tech, all the ships have the module, and I have set them up in a formation in the fleet designer and assigned the design.
mianmar
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: How exactly do you get fleets to warp in formation.

Post by mianmar »

very hard to understand your question, can you explain your problem in a bit more detail?

From what I understand, you need to put all your ships into a fleet, and then link the fleet with desired fleet composition you created beforehand.
linking a fleet is done on galaxy map with the fleet selected.

from that point you can autocomplete fleet if there are missing ships. not sure if redundant ships are thrown out of the fleet automatically so you might need to do that manually.

note that autocomplete function will not retrofit existing ships, this must be done manually.
Fohcs

Post by Fohcs »

Yeah and after you do all that if the ships have the Hyper Jump Control Module they should stay in formation. So when a battle starts I shouldn't have to move the ships into formation, they should be in the formation that they were in the fleet designer. From the post of the new features "Additionally, if you enter battle with a pre-designed fleet then, if you have the initiative or the technology, they will be already in formation when you enter the battle screen."
mianmar

Post by mianmar »

I didn't try this module out, but do all your ships in the fleet have this module?
I believe each ship in the fleet needs to have this module, and maybe even a fleet needs to be fully composed/complete so that it can form predefined composition on attack.
Fohcs

Post by Fohcs »

Yes every ship has the module and the fleet is complete.
mianmar

Post by mianmar »

hm, don't know, it could be either that this is supposed to be for defense otherwise it's a bug.

Return to “Polaris Sector”