Battle Control Frustration

Polaris Sector is a sci-fi 4X game that offers exciting exploration, detailed resource management, unique research mechanics and intense tactical combat.
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Battle Control Frustration

Post by solops »

The battle controls are lacking and poorly documented, IMO. After I create a group and tell it to "Keep Formation" I then want to tell it to go somewhere. I point to another part of the map and click there. The formation is then displayed at the destination location, but it is reoriented in an undesirable direction, even if I just told it to move straight ahead. How do I move a formation across the battle map and control the facing of the formation at the destination? This is a critical control. Without it, I have to keep moving every ship individually. Different ship speeds make this even more aggravating. Help please. I want to be able to control the formation facing at its destination.
solops
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Battle Control Frustration

Post by solops »

And yes, I have read the thread below, "Facing in Combat". It does not satisfactorily and conclusively address the issue to me.
mianmar
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by mianmar »

solops wrote:The formation is then displayed at the destination location, but it is reoriented in an undesirable direction, even if I just told it to move straight ahead. How do I move a formation across the battle map and control the facing of the formation at the destination?
What I do to have good formation, is move ships manually until they have desired formation and facing, and from that point I enable "keep formation", and order them to move in direction of their facing.

of course if you change direction of your formation at some point afterwards (or right away) that logically includes the change of facing, because ships move only forward not backward and not side line (it's impossible task).
In that case you need to reset facing of your ships, and then order them to keep new formation afterwards, before giving them amy new movement orders.
solops wrote:Different ship speeds make this even more aggravating. Help please.
Maybe you didn't know but In addition to "keep formation" there is an option to keep same speed for given formation.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by bjgrt »

Somehow "keep formation" doesn't work for me most of the time. They just change it to something they "choose" or even leave some ship behind.

Return to “Polaris Sector”